We love having her around. She is a very good baby. She sleeps for about 6 hours during the night before she wakes up hungry. After I feed her she sleeps another 3 hours. We had her 2 week appointment a few days ago and the doctor told me she needed to gain more weight. My mind was so confused, cause to me she looks like the chubbiest baby ever! So, we are coming up with creative ways to wake her up and eat more often. She is extremely ticklish, so that is lucky.
There are definately things that have taken us by surprise since we have brought Jordyn home. For starters, she is lactating! I guess that is normal though. She barfs up more milk than I thought a baby could be capable of. I mean, both she and I have to change every article of clothing after one of these erruptions! Luckily, they don't happen often. She can't get the concept of going to the bathroom in her diaper. For some reason she thinks it is time to go in the few milliseconds between taking off the old diaper and putting on the new one. Lets just say I never new one small thing could provide so many loads of laundry!
Just in case you have not seen what a cutie pie she is, here are some more pics!
This first pic is an attempt by my mom and I to take pictures for a birth announcement. It was a lot easier to take pictures while she was asleep than it was when she was awake! BTW, my sister in law Sam made this cutest beanie for her! So cute!
11 comments:
Oh guys she's so precious and she looks like she's smiling in that last pic. I love that you call her 'She'... I called our first 2 kids 'It' the whole pregnancy and for a while after they were born.
She is adorable!! stella will always be baby as well, maybe the 2nd can have an identity??
oh my gosh mandi she is the cutest little girl ever! I love when babies are all wrapped up in blankets like a burrito like you had her in the car seat.. i love that cute beanie sam made.. Can't wait to see her in real life!!
She is such a doll!! And that's so nice that she's sleeping so well already. I hope she keeps that up! It's so nice :)
Your little girl is so dang cute! I can't believe how round her little face is. She is gonna be a cutie! Congrats on the new addition to your family.
I LOVE her and haven't even met her. She is a doll! Dude, I would totally just let her sleep. Mother's told me all the time to just let them wake up when they are hungry (their bodies know what's best) and Sandi slept SO good the first two months and sure enough once I started trying to feed her on my schedule or not waiting until she woke up she became a HORRIBLE sleeper. I know, I know I'm not a doc but I'm just saying I learned the hard way and wish I didn't listen to the doctor.
What a cutie Mandi! She looks like she is a happy content little thing. Hope all is going well! Talk with you soon, MERE :)
She is so cute! I just love the pictures of her. Babies are so much fun. I'm glad she is sleeping so well for you. I hope you are doing well also. Take care.
She is so cute! I hope you get to come down this weekend so that we can see her! And how LUCKY for you that she sleeps for 6 hours at night! I don't know what I would do with that much sleep. The longest Carson has gone is 4 hours and that is not very often. But I am glad things are going good for you guys!
I have been waiting for more pictures. She is such and adorable little chunk! At least you were kind enough to name her. I didn't have a name for the first month of my life and was literally "baby." If that doesn't show where I fell in the line of my parents priorities I don't know what does.
She is absolutely lovely! I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment