We started feeding her cereal and she LOVES it! Some nights it is almost like she inhales the stuff. Other nights, if I let her get too hungry before I feed her, she loses her patience with the spoon, and then I lose my patience, and then Chad steps in!
At the same time, she suddenly started guzzling bottles and then wanting more. We had to go buy 9 oz. bottles.
At the same time, she started holding her own bottles...that is awesome! Chad's comment "I have been waiting for her to do this... and it is every bit as glorious as I imagined."
At the same time, we made a transition to formula... maybe someday when I feel like opening up I will blog about that. Talk about changes!
At the same time, her 3 month clothes stopped fitting. I know this sounds like...duh...she is now 4 months old, but it was just like it happened overnight.
At the same time, we bought a little umbrella stroller to take on a trip to Idaho. We tried it out at Walmart while we shopped and it was just weird that she was old enough to keep herself sitting in the stroller.
At the same time,she started playing in her bouncer/gym/stand-up thing. All of this happened within like a week. I figured she must be going through a growth spurt. Funny thing was, these changes continued throughout the following weeks...
All of a sudden she is eating bananas and peaches and green beans. All of a sudden she is scooting around everywhere and getting trapped in all the little crevaces in our family room. All of a sudden she is clingy and wants mommy and daddy more than anyone else in the room. The list of "all of a sudden"s goes on and on.
Moral of the story...EVERYTHING IS CHANGING SO FAST! Saddest part is, I know this is only the beginning and these fast changes will never stop. The past 5 1/2 months have flown by. I find myself wanting her to be that little baby who slept through anything and cuddled up and was not so wiggly. And despite all these changes, I find myself loving this little girl more and more with every little new adventure we come across!
| Jordyn lovin' some peaches. |
| Jordyn lovin' a bottle. |
| Jordyn lovin' a bath. |
7 comments:
I love how she uses her head to help get her where she wants to go!!! I thought the changes would be a little more spread out, like one thing a month, you know?
I can totally relate to how fast kids change. You just wait next time you turn around you will have a three year old...What the heck:) Jordyn is such a pretty little girl! -Andy
She's 5 months and all the sudden sitting & crawling?... She's so cute you guys! I love her pretty little smile! Love you guys!
I love all of the changes they go through. it is all so fun! I can't believe she is already scooting and sitting up! She is so cute!
It was fun hanging out with you for the small moment we had yesterday! Jordyn is adorable and we need to get together so I can see her!
She is adorable Mandi! Time really does fly with kids, huh?! I started Ryelyn on formula about a month ago..still thinking I should open up and blog about that, too! :) Love that she scoots! Ry is doing all the other fun stuff, minus scooting...haha, she HATES being on her tummy! Someday... :)
oh my heck mandi i laughed so hard when you made the comment on my blog about jordyns head band fallin down to but you call it ninja jorday... hahahah i LOVE THAT!! I also love those cute videos of her... i can't believe how big she has gotten.. she actually reminds me alot of little pais... also.. i love what chad said about being able to hold her own bottle.. i'm sure that will be a glorius day for jake also.. lol
Post a Comment