Thursday, December 4, 2008

The First Month...

Ha! It worked! I love it when things work on the first try and I don't have to get frustrated! Anyway, things have been going so good for Chad and I. The wedding was great! It was such a perfect day for both of us. Everything was beautiful and went smoothly, all except the mix up with the capes! In the dressing room at the temple, I put on this white cape that my cousin Stacey let me borrow, because it was FREEZING! So, we are taking pictures outside the temple and another girl walked up to me and told me I had her cape. I guess there were two and I grabbed the wrong one and took all my pictures in it. Oops! It is a funny thing I will always be able to laugh at. I will also always laugh remembering that Chad's family decorated the wrong car in the church parking lot! A day after the wedding, Chad and I flew off to California to board our cruise of Baja, Mexico. We had so much fun. It was great just to relax and spend the entire week together. I am a terrible picture taker, but here are just a few we were able to take on the honeymoon.
This is Chad and I at the restaurant in Ensenada. We sat on a beautiful balcony and made our own Mexican food. It was a lot of fun, even though I burnt my eye after touching the hot peppers. :(






Above are some pics at Catalina Island. We went sea kyaking around a couple miles of the island. It was gorgeous. We stopped here at "Frog Rock" (does the rock look like a sitting frog to you?) and played around on the beach.

The two pictures above were both taken at Ensenada. The second one is a picture of the actual Black Pearl! It there in the bay for some movie promotion or something.

Well, after the honeymoon we had a reception in Powell, Wyoming (Chad's hometown) and then came back to life in Orem. We have had a blast putting our apartment together. We recently spent the Thanksgiving weekend with Chad's family. We spent the weekend shopping (well I shopped and Chad played the wii), bowling, going to the Jazz game, and of course eating! It was fun to see them all again. My brother Casey brought us our first christmas tree all the way from Gunnison. I bought some decorations at Tai Pan (part of the weekend shopping) and we put the tree together. It is a little scrappy looking, but we love it! And... I think that pretty much covers the first month and a half of Chad and Mandi. I can tell that I am going to like this blogging thing. Thanks to all those who talked me into it!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous- We can remain friends now. Well maybe, I'm considering quitting the blog business...too much pressure. Anyway, for now we will remain friends. The Black Pearl! No way. We took the same cruise. The day after we left Catalina, the island almost burned down. They still haven't caught us. Love ya Mans and talk to you soon.

Kelsey Shelley said...

Yay! You have a blog! You two are so darling!

peterson said...

I'm so glad you are a blogger!! It's lots of fun. Anyway, you guys are so cute! I'm glad you are loving married life. love ya!

Lauren Maley said...

MANDI!!! =) fun pictures from your honeymoon!!! i like.

Casey and Samantha said...

Mandi! I am so glad that you created a blog. You're right: everyone else is doing it! I love the pics from your honeymoon. Looks like so much fun!

Lisa said...

Mandi, I think its great that you have a blog. Drew, Michelle and Tarrin and Tyrell have one and its so much easier to found out what been happening. Plus I love all the pictures. The blog is great! Keep it up! love ya, Lisa

Nona said...

Yeah---so glad you caved!!!! I will enjoy seeing what you guys are up to. sounds like you are having a lot of fun--massages, jazz games, shopping you are lucky newlyweds. I am excited to see you guys at Christmas time

Nona said...

Mandi: most things that people post on their blog page will have a link to the site they used. For instance on my slide shows I use www.slide.com you can got to this site or you can access it from my blog site and it will have a link for make your own slide. Most everything I do I find on a different site first then I link from that. Good luck, hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you have anymore. NONA

Tarrin said...

Mandi! Woo Hoo for blogging! Check ours out: thephilpottfamily.blogspot.com
Love you! Tarrin

The Trythalls said...

Just thought I would tell you howdy. Love the blog. :)

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Thank you for sharing an update of your wedding and honeymoon. It's so sad for us to miss out on these important days, so reading about some of the details is fun for me. Loved the story about the cape! We'll see you soon; we'll be back in UT next week. :)

Jody and Tyler said...

WA-HOO MANDY AND CHAD!!!

C said...

Mandi! How's the married life?! I think being married has something to do with GETTING a blog haha. Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Keep in Touch!