Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Break

What a great Christmas Break we have had! There is so much to catch up on, I must start at the beginning. Snow storms kept us in the apartment those first few days of our break, which I don't mind at all. We had so much snow at our apartment, my car had to be dug out. Some blessed souls in our ward brought over their snow blower and snow shovels and dug out all the cars on the street. I am so grateful for all the kind people around me! Chad and I had our first Christmas together, on December 20th! It was Saturday morning, we woke up and opened our presents from each other (that we had wrapped and put under the tree only a week before!). We made breakfast and spent the day laying around our apartment. Our big present to each other was a new TV (thanks to Chad's parents for their help purchasing the TV!). We actually bought the TV on black friday, so we have been enjoying it all month. Chad has enjoyed his video games more than I thought possible with the new giant flat screen. I surprised Chad with a new football and a Colts jacket. He surprised me with Mamma Mia, Elf and pillows that match our couch. We also bought some games and clothes. It was so fun to have a little Christmas morning all to ourselves!




These are some pics of our new hoodies and our Christmas tree. It was a little mangey looking, but we loved it anyway! Also, sorry the one is sideways, I don't know how to rotate it!


This year for Christmas, my mom did a little 12 days of Christmas. We had so much fun opening a little gift every day. We got new hoodies, giant cookie skillets, beanies, a cute blanket, games, christmas stories and movies, and so much more. When my parents first brought us the box of wrapped gifts, I thought Chad was going to go nuts! He wanted to open all the gifts the first day! The last gift of the 12 days was a giant picture of the Manti Temple. It is gorgeous. It is brown tones and looks like it has been distressed (I think that is the correct term). I have seen them in Deseret Book and wanted one for so long. I love it!

We spent Christmas Day with my family in Gunnison. My family is all grown up, and not much fun, so thank goodness for neices and nephews! It was fun to see them so excited about all their new things. My parents bought a Wii as a family gift. We spent lots of time bowling, boxing, and all the rest. We spent 5 days in Gunnison (thanks Chad for being so patient :)) We had a party with my Dyreng cousins, which is always a good time. The boys played a little basketball game. I think my dad was in heaven with all the ball players in the family, and thinking of what a great team they could make. We also threw a baby shower for Sam. She and Casey are expecting a baby boy in February, and we are so excited for them!


It is nearly New Year's Eve, and the beginning of a new year. This year has been the best yet. It is crazy to think that this time a year ago, Chad and I were just friends in the ward. I never would have thought that I would marry him and be this in love with him. I have truely been blessed this year. We are celebrating this great year with some friends tonight, although we will miss Meg, she just had a baby on Christmas Day! Let me just wish you all good luck with your new year resolutions. I know I am going to need luck to get through mine! Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy New Year!! Sounds like Christmas was great! Love ya!
Lisa

Drew and Michelle said...

We sure are glad to have our family grow. We are excited to get to know you a little better Mandi! It sounds like you have had a great Christmas break. Take care and we'll talk with you two soon!
Love, Drew

JaKe and NaT* said...

hey love its good to hear from you!! looks like you had a great christmas! i love you new tv.. and don't you love that temple picture? i got one last year for christmas and i love it.. out of all the things in my house that is the thing i get compliments on the most.. that is wierd that we didn't get to see each other since we were both there.. well anyways you look so cute and i have to admit that i cheated on my hair.. i really have not grown it.. its extensions.. lol but anyways can't wait to see you the next time that we do! hope things are goin well.. tell chad hi!!