Thursday, August 27, 2009

Craziness

The past week or two just might top the "most hectic times ever" chart for me. When we got back from Hawaii a note was taped to our door saying that our rent was going up, and it was quite a significant amount. Chad and I have really enjoyed living there so we decided just to suck it up and pay the rent rather than find a new place. But the Lord works in mysterious ways. I was talking with some ward members who told me of an apartment in the ward for $500 a month, much less than what we were going to be paying. The following day at work, Cheryl (a co-worker/angel) told us she had a house with a garage and yard and a bazillion other great things we could stay in in Payson. We were not really looking to move, and suddenly two great places landed in our laps. Cheryl offered rediculously affordable rent, and we took it! The house had not been lived in for 4-5 years, so we had some cleaning to do. Cheryl worked so hard to get it ready for us (do you see why I added the /angel part?). We decided to move in on Thursday night, and by Monday night our friends were helping us pack up and move. I also think that might top the "quickest move ever" chart.

I connot help but think of the ways I am blessed, and the chains of blessings that fall my way. Being able to save so much money on rent opens up so many more doors for Chad and I. I cannot think of another way to say it, other than, we are truely blessed to have such great friends and family looking out for us.

So, in a matter of 5 days we have changed zip codes, started a new school year at East Meadows, UVU, and SUU! Crazy, but we could not be happier!

3 comments:

Arti said...

That is pretty great the way things worked out. Good luck with all the craziness!

Markell said...

YOu are lucky!! I hate moving, but it's always nice to have help. Your video was great, I bet your kids have the cutest posters!

Jennie said...

So fun to catch up and read what you've been up to. Sounds like you had a great summer!! I didn't know you went to Hawaii...how FUN! I feel the same away about the 4th of July and Gunnison. I miss it so much! I guess what I really miss are all the great people who make the town so special. We are so blessed to always have those memories that will always be apart of us and who we are!