Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Break...

Christmas break has be absolutely FABULOUS! We started the break by driving to Powell to spend Christmas with Chad's family. We left on Wednesday, and were lucky enough to spend 6 days there. It was such a great Christmas. It was the first Christmas I have ever spent away from my family, which was sad for me. But if I must be away, there is no one else I would rather spend it with than with Chad's family. We had a great week playing games, Super Mario, and eating like there was no tomorrow! Thanks Barton family for making our Christmas so enjoyable!


This is all the boys, and then Chad and I, in our Christmas Eve pajamas.

We were totally spoiled this Christmas. Chad bought me an elliptical. I absolutely love it! So, if you could all do me a favor... next time you see me ask me if I have been working out, and I will be able to say YES! Chad's parents gave us a wii, and we are having so much fun with it! Chad has always been a gamer, and I think I am going to walk into his web with this wii. Chad got a couple video games and some more Colts memorabilia. His dream is to someday have an entire room dedicated to the football team. My parents gave us a super cute ottoman. It goes so well with our older than the hills floral velvet couch, don't you think?!



After a long drive home, we had to shovel the driveway before we could pull in the car. Then we relaxed for a few days. I probably laid around too much, but it was just so great! I had this whole list of things to do during the holidays, but nothing got done, and I am ok with that! We spent New Years Eve with Nikki, Blake, Meggan and Kade. We ate the largest pizza I have every seen at Pirate Island. Chad and I decided to embrace life and sing some kareoke, "Don't Stop Believin'". After watching the video Blake took, I cannot believe I did that! I would post the video, but I am much to embarassed, so you just get to see a snapshot!


On New Year's Day, I went to Gunnison to spend the day with my family. They are so great and I always enjoy just sitting around and talking with my mom. I helped Connor write a paper for a scholarship application. I cannot believe he is 18 and getting ready to graduate. We had a panini party and spent some time with my grandparents and some of my cousins. It was not a really eventful day, but as chubby little Russell from "Up" (one of my new favorite movies) would say, "It sounds really boring, but sometimes it's the boring stuff I think I remember most". I hope you all had some time to enjoy the "boring" stuff this holiday season!

School starts for me tomorrow and for Chad in a couple days. I will be back at night classes and continuing working towards the Master's degree. And...Chad started a new job just before we left for the break! Yay! No more water delivery boy! I am so proud of him. He will be working at UVU with the same networking stuff he wants to do in his career, so it is a perfect job for him and a great opportunity. We will both hit the ground running next week, and will suffer in the first few days because of our laziness during the break. So wish us luck!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It was a good Christmas wasn't it! I'm glad you and Chad could come and with everyone else here too it was wonderful. Your right, now real life begins, good luck this week! Love ya!

The Judd Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun break. It is good to get away for a while, especially to see family. That is so cool you got an elliptical. Chris and I got one as well. I hope you are enjoying it. I am enjoying mine as well. They are sure a lot of fun to work out on. I hope everything goes well with you starting up school. I bet your students love you.

The Trythalls said...

Just wanted to let you know I am reading your blog while I should have been in school teaching. I am glad you had a great Christmas break I will see you soon.

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

hello Mandi! it is fun to lurk on your blog!! things sound super great for you...and like you I also cannot believe Connor is a Sr! we have enjoyed watching him grow into the great young man he is! Hope this New Year of 2010 is a great one!

Jennie said...

Enjoy those breaks from school when you can be lazy and play... cuz that life just doesn't last long enough!!

Jared and Stacy Gillins said...

Karaoke! Nice! I would not dare but then you've heard my amazing vocals! Haha! What a great Christmas you had! I love that ottoman! I am so glad that you and chad were able to stop by and visit us. It was so nice to see you and just chat! Good luck with school and keep enjoying those boring moments! :)

Jared and Stacy Gillins said...

Ahhhh! I totally forgot about that ice skating trip! And I totally did that! What freak was i? But its a good thing I had an amazing friend like you who repeatedly had to attempt to fill my head with common sense! How would I have survived high school and college, honestly! You would just die if you saw some of the stupid things I do! I often find myself thinking, "phew, glad Mandi wasn't here to see that! I would have not lived that one down!" However, then I find myself laughing at myself and secretly wishing you were here to laugh with me! Boy is life rough! ;)