This past weekend, we had an opportunity to attend the Saturday afternoon session of conference. It was so spiritual and uplifting. What a great way to spend an Easter weekend. Thanks Adam for hooking us up!
Following the session, we met up with Chad's family in SLC to celebrate as his younger brother was set apart as an elder. As I sat there with the family gathered at Grandma and Grandpa Barton's, I could not help but think how lucky I am to have both sides of my family so strong in the gospel. It was cool to see so many men in the Barton family stand in the circle for Tyler. They are a great family and I am so blessed to be a part of them.
Next weekend, my oldest nephew Canyen is being baptised. I cannot believe he is that old! My younger brother Connor is going to be doing the baptism. They have such a special relationship and I am so excited for both Connor and Canyen. Also, next weekend Cody will be blessing my newest nephew Porter. With this generation of grandkids that is coming into my family, it has been difficult at times to narrow down the priesthood holders who will be standing in the circle because we have so many willing and able men who share their preisthoold blessings.
I felt like this conference focused a lot on families and parenting. That could be just because this is the phase Chad and I are entering in life, so that is what caught my attention. Not going to lie, there are a lot of things that scare me about bringing a baby into this world. But I get so much comfort and relief knowing that Chad and I both have strong, awesome families to back us up!
This next week is my spring break. Kind of bad timing, cause chad is so busy getting ready for finals and finishing (and, let's be honest...starting!) projects. I don't really have any plans besides cleaning and housekeeping and maybe some yard work if the sun ever decides to come out this spring. I am going to be one bored and lonely Mandi, so please call me and we can hang out!
Following the session, we met up with Chad's family in SLC to celebrate as his younger brother was set apart as an elder. As I sat there with the family gathered at Grandma and Grandpa Barton's, I could not help but think how lucky I am to have both sides of my family so strong in the gospel. It was cool to see so many men in the Barton family stand in the circle for Tyler. They are a great family and I am so blessed to be a part of them.
Next weekend, my oldest nephew Canyen is being baptised. I cannot believe he is that old! My younger brother Connor is going to be doing the baptism. They have such a special relationship and I am so excited for both Connor and Canyen. Also, next weekend Cody will be blessing my newest nephew Porter. With this generation of grandkids that is coming into my family, it has been difficult at times to narrow down the priesthood holders who will be standing in the circle because we have so many willing and able men who share their preisthoold blessings.
I felt like this conference focused a lot on families and parenting. That could be just because this is the phase Chad and I are entering in life, so that is what caught my attention. Not going to lie, there are a lot of things that scare me about bringing a baby into this world. But I get so much comfort and relief knowing that Chad and I both have strong, awesome families to back us up!
This next week is my spring break. Kind of bad timing, cause chad is so busy getting ready for finals and finishing (and, let's be honest...starting!) projects. I don't really have any plans besides cleaning and housekeeping and maybe some yard work if the sun ever decides to come out this spring. I am going to be one bored and lonely Mandi, so please call me and we can hang out!
3 comments:
I am so proud of you for updating. Let's get Linds and Trace and head to lunch one day this week. Possibly Wednesday??? Let me know!
It was great to see you and Chad this week-end even if it was for such a short time. It was also nice to have most of the family there for Tyler. Hope your spring break isn't to boring. Love ya!
I am sorry that you sometimes can't comment on my blog. I don't know what the deal is. Hopefully it will work out better. Thanks for all you said. That was very nice. I am sure excited for you. You will be a great mom. I don't think that I am a super great mom. I know I can be better. But that is the joy of raising kids. You learn so much from them and they make you become a better person. I hope you are feeling well and enjoy the experience of being pregnant even though it can be frustrating.
Post a Comment