Friday, June 11, 2010

Tree Weed


This is tree weed. We call it this because it was a weed that somehow grew big enough to be considered a tree. I walked out into our backyard a few days ago, and this weed sprouted out of nowhere. It was non existent one day, and taking over the next. It was as tall as my chin. It had thorns, so I did not want to just pull it out, plus I don't think I would have had the strength! I looked for a shovel in the garage, but to no avail. The only thing I could find to destroy tree weed forever was a small garden shovel. Using it as an ax, I hacked away at tree weed. The stem was about as big as my wrist. Hopefully tree weed is gone for good!
On another note, I am still pregnant and it is taking forever! (It's ok...you can go ahead and laugh cause I am only 25 weeks... I had to add countdown to help me keep track.) Now that school is out, I am just at home waiting. Waiting for Chad to get home and be with me. Waiting for the weeks to pass so I can hold my baby. Waiting for more money to appear in our bank account so I can go buy baby stuff. Just waiting, and I am not a patient girl!
Things to do keep my mind off "baby":
  • Paint interior of house. Bedroom and bathrooms done. Baby's room tomorrow.
  • Yard work/ battle of the tree weed.
  • Cleaning and laundry....snore.
  • Online shopping. Is is considered shopping if I just look at all the baby stuff without buying?
  • Still teaching Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

3 comments:

The Judd Family said...

Hey you're over half way there. I agree that it takes forever, but when they're here, it seems like it went so fast, especially with how fast they grow. That is a funny story about tree weed. Hopefully it will be gone for good.

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

I love this post! The waiting is the worst part especially when you're not working so you have all the time in the world to think. But I kinda liked it because it helped me get mentally ready (I was kinda freaked out so the mental preparation helped toward the end). Hang in there girl!

The Judd Family said...

I am so glad that you are making one too. I felt it was so easy to make. I just got the instructions online. Let me know how it goes.