Everything looked great at the ultrasound, which is such a relief. I don't know if most expecting mothers feel this way, but I was more anxious about them finding something out of the ordinary and telling me bad news, than I was about the gender . It was quite an experience seeing the heart and hearing all the measurements. Amazing. No more words.
The reason I say 'against all odds' is that there seems to be a tradition of boys on both sides of our family. On my side, I have 6 nephews and 1 niece. Rilee will be happy to finally have a girl cousin! On Chad's side, each Barton family only gets one girl, if they get one at all, and the rest are all boys. This goes back for a couple generations I believe (Lisa, you can correct me if I am wrong!) Chad says it is their way of slowly taking over the world! Regardless of the odds, we are so stinkin' excited to have our girl first!
p.s. Our little girl was very modest and extremely concerned about keeping her legs crossed and her hands covering anything we wanted to see! The little stinker! She did not even want us to take her picture, so for her sake, I am not posting it online!
7 comments:
Congrats! Girls are so much fun. You will love it!
I'm so excited about another little girl in the family!!!! And its true about the Barton's and only have one girl. I told Chad maybe he will be the one who has only girls! Love ya!
I can't wait! At least someone can even the gender ratio a bit;) She is going to be so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see her!!!
Oh I'm so excited you are having a girl! You will have so much fun getting her all dolled up and she will be gorgeous with the prettiest eyes! And I'm very happy that she is healthy and that all is going well!
Sounds like she takes after her mother. I bet she was blushing the entire time!
Congrats! That will be so fun to have a girl. Whenever I go shopping for Ryder there is like 4 racks of girl things to the 1 of boy things! So many more fashion possibilities!
Yay for you guys! A little girl will be fun for you. We are building right behind wade and jenny anderson. behind your aunt diane dyreng!
Post a Comment