Do any other of my Gunnison Valley Elementary alumni remember when the lunch callers used to come to the classroom and yell, "Ready for ya..." and then it was finally your time for lunch? Well, I keep telling this baby we're ready and she is just not getting the hints. I had a sad moment when I opened my blog and the little baby counter says "40 weeks and 1 day pregnant". Bummer.
To keep myself busy, I have been working on nursery decor and thought I would post. Here are some pics:
To keep myself busy, I have been working on nursery decor and thought I would post. Here are some pics:
Trying to be frugal, I either altered or made most of it; the quilt, bedskirt, curtain, frames, baskets, mobile and coverslip for the chair and ottoman. I had so much fun! I just love doing this kind of thing, and if had the money to make over my house all the time, I would! I wasted so much of the summer looking at sewing and DIY blogs.
Ok baby girl, we really are ready for ya!
11 comments:
"Chow Time!" That was my favorite, when a cool kid would rebelliously say something different than "Ready for ya" like "chow time" and the students would giggle. Oh GVES...how I loved you. So exciting Mandi and Jordyn's room is to die for! Seriously, since you are done with hers, start on Jack's- it could really use some re-vamping!
Yay!! That was my first thought when I saw "ready for ya" by the way! I'm so excited for you. Just think of it this way. You've created such a nice home for her in there, she just doesn't want to leave... (ok I may have just quoted Ross...) If you haven't watched that Friends episode lately you should. It will make you laugh!! I did at the end of my pregnancy and for some reason it's a lot more funny when you're experiencing it yourself. Good luck!!
that's so funny! My school did the same thing! I always wanted to be the lunch caller...unfortunately, I never got that opportunity:( I've been thinking about you all week. The anticipation part SUCKS!! If only we could make them come when we wanted them here... I'm anxious for her to be here too. I keep telling Casey that we should anticipate a trip to Payson any time... Are you still teaching? I just need to call you!!
By the way, your nursery is ADORABLE!!! I'm 100% jealous! you're so crafty and talented!
The room looks adorable! You are so amazing I wish I had some of the drive you do. Everything will happen when it is supposed to and if not you will get to meet her on Thursday! Good luck this week.
Wow!!! I just love your nursery! You did such a cute job! I can definitely remember elementary lunch time. Those words were music to my ears. I hear a lot of women go past their due date. I was 5 days early with Kelli. So when I kept nearing my due date with Carson, I thought I was going to die. I was 2 hours and 22 min past my due date with Carson. Not bad, but it felt like forever, so hang in there. I'm sure that life is miserable right now. I kept wondering if you had had your baby yet. Thanks for the update. I hope everything goes well for when she comes.
That is funny! I love what you have done with your little ones room! Look at you so Crafty, you can come and help me in my house make a few curtains here, jeez just make a whole new cover for a chair. That is amazing! Well she will be here before you know it, good luck!
Mandi, your little girls nursery is so cute. Good work:) I also remember the ever anticipated lunch call:) Those were good times. I hope you get your baby soon!!!
I feel your pain! I remember my due date coming and going and then loosing all hope that I would ever have a baby. But thankfully 2 weeks later I had a cute little boy. Hang in there it will soon come to an end. I love the nursery. I used some of the same materials in my nursery. Good luck! Hope all goes well with the delivery!
Shayla
it turned out GORGEOUS! but where's that cool frame we did... ?? :)
Seriously - this turned out awesome!!
Your decorating skills are excellent. Love, Love, Love it! Good Job! I do remember when they would say ready for ya. It is so hard at the end especially when they give you a date to expect them to come. I am way excited for you guys to get your little girl.
Ha!! The good ol' days of school lunch. So excited to see the little girl! Good luck, Mandi. You'll be the best mom and the room is so cute!!!! I am very impressed. Can't wait to see what happens in the next few days!
Post a Comment