Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Whale of a Tale

So today was my first day back at school. I am having a crowd of emotions ranging from overwhelmed, confused, exhausted and yet still excited for a new year to start. I love my school and the faculty and laughed so hard with them today that I had to take a second to share....

So, me and two other teachers went to Subway for lunch. As we got done and drove back to the school, a monsoon of epic porportions hit Spanish Fork. Water was flowing down the streets like rivers. We got to the school and I knew we had to make a run for it. With my arms full, I tried to jump out of the huge truck, this is where my problems started. I nearly dropped everything, smashed my sandwich, but decided that because I was getting drenched to press forward toward the building. As I was trying to run, I remembered that I am roughly the size of a whale these days and my body does not move the way I think it is supposed to. It ended up being more of a quick paced waddle than a run. I twisted my ankle. My stupid maternity pants were halfway down my thighs. I was getting absolutely drenched. The other teachers had already made it to the building and I was still in the middle of the parking lot! By the time I got into the school, I was laughing so hared I nearly wet myself! I am sure I looked like such a fool and I wish I could have had it on tape, and that you all could have been in my head as I tried to figure out why my body could not run!

Oh it will be awesome not to be pregnant in a few weeks!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your almost done - hang in there!

And I would have LOVED to see your pants half way down as you were trying to waddle!! :)

JaKe and NaT* said...

THat is the best story in America!! HA ha thanks dos sharing..can't wait for your shower on sat!

The Judd Family said...

That is hilarious, but at the same time, I know exactly what you mean. Running while pregnant does not work very well.

Markell said...

OH my mandi I'm sorry but I am laughing only because I had to chase our little dog down when I was weeks away from delivery and the little thing was running circles around me. I just waddled wondering who all could see me and if I looked as hopeless as I felt.

Casey and Samantha said...

Yes... it will be awesome! I'm so excited for you to be done! Don't you think it is so easy to over estimate your capabilities when you're pregnant??? It blows not being able to do the things you're used to doing... It was so good to see you yesterday! Can't wait to see your baby!!