Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Good News...

Jordyn is home and doing great! We love her to death and are having so much fun taking care of her. She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I think that is my favorite part about being a mommy, watching Chad be a daddy.

Speaking of my awesome husband, I need to give a delayed Happy Birthday shout to out out to the great man I get to call my mine. It was his 25th birthday on the 26th of September, Jordyn's original due date. The Colts were playing in Denver that day, and I wanted more than anything to send him to the game. The only thing he wanted was to be a daddy. Even on his birthday, he put the focus on me and our baby. During my labor and c-section, he never left my side, always holding my hand. While in the hospital he wanted to be involved in everything. If I got up to go to the nursery and feed the baby at 3 am, he came with me just to sit and watch her. He has been so sensitive. The day I was wheeled into the nursery to see my baby hooked to all those monitors and all alone in her own little nicu corner, not able to be held unless to be fed or even to be swaddled in a blanket, I broke down a little. He was so senitive, calmed me down and put everything into perspective and letting me know everything would be ok and we had great doctors and nurses taking care of her. He was so anxious to bring her home, he had my hospital room backed up and cleaned before I even knew what was going on. This morning, her put her in bed next to him and just snuggled and held her til she fell back asleep. It might have been the cutest thing I have ever seen! Anyway, Happy Birthday Daddy! 2010 was a good one!

5 comments:

The Judd Family said...

She is sooooooooo cute!!! Congratulations! I am glad that she is home and doing well. I bet that was hard not to be able to hold her and have to watch her on oxygen and hooked up to monitors. I am sure happy that everything is going well now. How are you feeling and how is nursing? I hope you are doing well. What a beautiful baby! Take care of yourself.

Emily said...

Congrats Mandi! She is soo cute! Love the cute little round face! I found you through Nichole--through Petersons--hope you don't mind! Glad to see everything is going great for you!! congrats again on the little girl! P>S..I know somebody who does pictures!! Nichole...stop by her blog!http://nicholesphotoblog.blogspot.com

Seidi said...

I'm so glad she's home!! Congratulations! Good luck with everything. Chad sounds like he is such a great daddy and such a sweet husband. I'm so happy you are so happy. You deserve everything! Love you!

sara said...

Mandi! I've been living in a hole. Sweet little Jordyn is so cute. Those cheeks! Seriously, she could have eaten Jack at that age. Congrats and am so glad you are doing well and enjoying being a mommy! Good luck!

Lauren Maley said...

Mandi Jane this warrants a phone call but I KNOW how busy you must be so I don't want to bother you, but I DO want to talk to you!! Jordyn is absolutely precious and I am so grateful that she is at home with you now. Please know you are in my thoughts and that you are a FABULOUS mom!