So, the first half of the summer flew by. We crammed so much into the month of June, it is absolutely ridiculous! I think Jordyn had probably 2 naps the whole month. We were all over the place!
Just as school got out, we took a trip to San Diego and other southern California hot spots. We spent a whole week without Jordyn (Thanks Lisa for babysitting! What an awesome grandma!). It was weird. One night we needed to run to Target and get some things we forgot to pack. I started looking for a diaper bag and mentally making the normal preparations about what I was going to need just to run to the store. Then it snapped. No baby. No diaper bag. No bottles. Just go! We hit Sea World (neither of us had ever been,) Balboa Park (awesome, beautiful, educational), La Jolla Beach (relaxing), San Diego Temple (a good reasurring experience), Six Flags (barfalicious), and Knotts Berry (neither of us had ever been...the greatest day of the trip!) It took everything we had not to go to Disneyland. One night we sat in the hot tub at our hotel and watched the fireworks, almost heartbroken. After all the fun, we were anxious to come home to our little girl who seemed to have grown so much in one week. Grandpa and Tyler had gotten her to crawl on her hands and knees, and Grandma magically made that first tooth finally break through!

Shamu. Also, it was FREEZING all week in California. It was warmer in Utah than California the week we were there.
While on our trip, Chad accepted the Microsoft job, so we started to cram in all of our summer into the next few weeks so he would not miss out on Jordyn's first summer.
We spent a day at the Provo Beach Resort. We love arcades! We played Wheel of Fortune and won big time! We solved the puzzle (Bryce Canyon National Park) and won 1600 tickets. I must have looked so ridiculous jumping up and down so excited. With our tickets we bought Jordyn all sorts of toys, including a silly rubber worm which she was terrified of! If I figure out how to upload video, you will die of laughter!


Jordyn playing in Toddler Town. She is one of those really smart genius babies.
We spent a weekend in Park City with Chad's family. We played at the Olympic Park, which was awesome. We took Jordyn swimming for the first time. Mistake. It was cold and windy, and she hated it. Keep reading to see how we continue to force water upon the baby throughout the following weeks.

We were all excited before the swim!

Not so excited during the swim.

Tired and miserable after the swim.

Chad rode the bobsled at the Olympic Park and was rendered speechless. I think it is something he will never forget!
We continued to force Jordyn in the water. We took her to the splash pad in Spanish Fork. That was not so fun for her, so we took no pictures. We took her to swimming pools. Again, unsuccessful. But finally, we went to Seven Peaks with some of my siblings and found ourselves victorious. We have a little water baby. A testament of trial and endurance.

Just as school got out, we took a trip to San Diego and other southern California hot spots. We spent a whole week without Jordyn (Thanks Lisa for babysitting! What an awesome grandma!). It was weird. One night we needed to run to Target and get some things we forgot to pack. I started looking for a diaper bag and mentally making the normal preparations about what I was going to need just to run to the store. Then it snapped. No baby. No diaper bag. No bottles. Just go! We hit Sea World (neither of us had ever been,) Balboa Park (awesome, beautiful, educational), La Jolla Beach (relaxing), San Diego Temple (a good reasurring experience), Six Flags (barfalicious), and Knotts Berry (neither of us had ever been...the greatest day of the trip!) It took everything we had not to go to Disneyland. One night we sat in the hot tub at our hotel and watched the fireworks, almost heartbroken. After all the fun, we were anxious to come home to our little girl who seemed to have grown so much in one week. Grandpa and Tyler had gotten her to crawl on her hands and knees, and Grandma magically made that first tooth finally break through!
Shamu. Also, it was FREEZING all week in California. It was warmer in Utah than California the week we were there.
While on our trip, Chad accepted the Microsoft job, so we started to cram in all of our summer into the next few weeks so he would not miss out on Jordyn's first summer.
We spent a day at the Provo Beach Resort. We love arcades! We played Wheel of Fortune and won big time! We solved the puzzle (Bryce Canyon National Park) and won 1600 tickets. I must have looked so ridiculous jumping up and down so excited. With our tickets we bought Jordyn all sorts of toys, including a silly rubber worm which she was terrified of! If I figure out how to upload video, you will die of laughter!
Jordyn playing in Toddler Town. She is one of those really smart genius babies.
We spent a weekend in Park City with Chad's family. We played at the Olympic Park, which was awesome. We took Jordyn swimming for the first time. Mistake. It was cold and windy, and she hated it. Keep reading to see how we continue to force water upon the baby throughout the following weeks.
We were all excited before the swim!
Not so excited during the swim.

Tired and miserable after the swim.
Chad rode the bobsled at the Olympic Park and was rendered speechless. I think it is something he will never forget!
We continued to force Jordyn in the water. We took her to the splash pad in Spanish Fork. That was not so fun for her, so we took no pictures. We took her to swimming pools. Again, unsuccessful. But finally, we went to Seven Peaks with some of my siblings and found ourselves victorious. We have a little water baby. A testament of trial and endurance.

We took many picnics to the park. On one such trip I took my camera to get some pictures and finally caught Jordyn's cheese smile. Love it!

And golfing. Oh so much golfing. I think Chad averaged like 3 times a week. Jordyn and I only went once!


I ran my first half marathon. I wish they would take the picture at the start of the race before you have died. Lovely.

We had a BBQ to say goodbye to friends. We have had the best friends here in Utah County. That is one thing that is going to be hard in Denver. No friends. Starting new as strangers.
The babies at the BBQ. Minus Deja and Tayen. I feel bad that Jordyn will not really get to know these friends growing up. They have been great!
Are you feeling like this post is dragging on? Well, there is so much more that I did not take pictures of. We went camping with my Dyreng cousins. Camping with babies blows. Enough said. We had a goodbye bonfire with Adam and Camarie. We tried to use up all our cold stone gift cards, but you can only eat so much ice cream. We ate at all the little restaurants we love in Utah, one last time. We spent evenings sitting on the lawn playing with the neighbor's kitty. We did another puzzle, only 1000 pieces this time. We played wii into the wee hours of the night. We watched documentaries. We played board games. We did everything we could not to waste our time together.
Chad flew out to Seattle on July 4th. June was over. Jordyn and I both cried most of the way home from the airport. It has only been two and a half weeks. We still have three and a half to go. Summer now seems to be dragging on. We miss Chad. So much in fact we drove to Denver to see him while he is there for a few days. He still had to work while we were there, so we didn't get to see him as much as we wanted. Jordyn was a trooper on the drive, and I am sure she will grow up learning to be a good traveler. We got a glimpse of what life is going to be like for us in Denver, and we are excited about it. We saw some cool things nearby, like Rocky Mountain National Park. Beautiful. I know most of the world wishes summer would slow down and stay longer. But we are wishing it would hurry and get over with so Chad can come home. Here's to a fast fall!
5 comments:
You left her for a WEEK?? That makes me feel like a total chump... I haven't left my 18 month old for even one night! We were planning on leaving her with my sister for our anniversary this year but then she had to go and have a baby. haha. For your sake I hope summer goes fast. That's got to be hard!
Oh Mands... How I am going to miss you. This post really made me tear up!! I feel sad for you missing Chad so much and I feel mostly sad about that fact you guys are leaving. But all is not lost because we can jump a flight to Denver any time, right!!? This is going to be a great adventure for you guys and I am so happy for you! We love you so much and are going to miss you terribly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many cute Jordyn pics.. You guys really have a lot going on right now with the new job and big move. I hope everthing is falling into place as you get ready to go. Its always tough to be without your husband, especially sooo long! You're a Rockstar! Excited to see you on our Girls Trip!
You and your husband are so cute. It seems like you 2 have so much fun together. That is great that you have had such a fun summer so far. Awesome job with running a half marathon! That is a great accomplishment.
Hey Mandi! I left your e-mail at home, and remembered I had your cute blog bookmarked. I hope things are moving along for you and Chad, and I know this will be a great time for you in your lives. I hope you will not mind my peeking in on your blog to watch the adventure unfold.
We miss Chad. I hope the corporate life is giving him as much as I know he's giving to it!
BTW, I've opened my part-time student position. Chad mentioned that his cousin might be interested. Thought I'd mention it. I plan to interview next Wed and Thurs.
Laura
lbusby @ uvu dot edu
Post a Comment