What I have learned about Denver:
1. There are bunnies everywhere. They just sit out on the lawn and nibble away. I am torn cause I want for me and Jordyn to sit on the lawn and play with them, but where I grew up, you did not so much play with bunny rabbits as much as you chased them with bats and stuff.
2. Dogs. Everyone has a dog. There are family parks in Utah, and dog parks in Denver. In Utah, I saw everyone running with jogging strollers. Here they just run with their dogs.
3. A GPS is a necessity. And even with that, I struggle. Is it really that difficult to number the streets? Also, we live on South Monaco Street. Not Monaco Parkway, not South Monaco Parkway, not on Monaco Street. All of which are apparently streets in the Denver area. They need to become more clever with street names if they insist on naming them instead of a much smarter numbering system
4. There is not a Wal-mart on every corner. I have yet to see a Macey's, Smiths, or Albertsons/Fresh Market. There is however a plethora of Safeways.
5. People here are not quite sure what to do with babies. Jordyn is the only one in grocery stores, restaurants, the post office, swimming pool etc. People play with her and talk to her like a baby is a rarity. In Utah, I felt like not having a baby was the rarity.
What I have learned about being a stay at home mommy:
1. I have little patience. You think I would have learned this as a teacher, but it is different. I think it is cause I am in my house all day.
2. My body still wants to get up at 6 to get ready for work. I had slept in all summer, but the day that I got to Denver happened to be the day I would have started back at work and I am back in a familiar sleeping pattern.
3. I love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Special Agent Oso songs get stuck in my head. Little Einsteins is not near as cool as Baby Einstein.
4. My baby poops. All. The. Time. I sometimes wonder if something is wrong with her.
5. I thought I would become a gourmet chef. My cooking is still extremely mediocre.
Thats it. I am now so much wiser than before. And I have only been here two weeks!
2 comments:
Glad you're adjusting :) I don't get why all cities don't use the number system for their streets....so much easier. I've also come to love mickey mouse clubhouse and special agent oso--i know the songs by heart! And no Jordyn is normal, Ryelyn pooped 4 times yesterday. *sigh*
3 special steps...ha I always have that song in my head!
Post a Comment