Saturday, December 17, 2011

Game Night

Every night is game night in our house.  On any typical night, we get dinner cleaned up and Jordyn to bed and sit on the couch wondering which one of us will be the first to say, "So, whattaya wanna do tonight?"  We don't have any kind of cable or anything, so we don't have any TV shows we watch in the evenings.  Chad is not big on watching movies.  So we play games.  Some of our favorites are: Ticket to Ride, Guillotine, The Game of Life (we have it on the wii), Disney Scene-it, and puzzles.  We do play the wii a bit with games like Mario Brothers, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong.   Lately, we have become desperate and played...

Truth is, I always thought I hated this game.  I was a little bit wrong.  We have had it since we were dating.  I think is was left behind by a roommate and found a permanent home with us.  So far, Chad has won by a landslide twice, and I have barely lucked out with one win.  Last night, in a game that lasted only about 30 minutes, I went to jail probably 10 times (not an exaggeration) and lost before the game had even begun.  Hummph.  We have a couple new games wrapped up and ready to open for Christmas.  So til then, we will just pass go and collect $200.

Do you know of any fun 2 player games?  We are always on the lookout.

3 comments:

Sarah Ball said...

We love the Catan Card game, its only for 2 players and we have played it a million times together but never get bored of it! I highly recommend it!

Zack and Victoria said...

sequence... it is addicting! We LOVE that game!

Unknown said...

Absolute favorites are Monopoly Deal and Blink.

Sequence is fun. Lost Cities is okay. Bohnanza is a game we played with friends, but I'm pretty sure its 2 player and fun. We also play Settlers of Catan 2 player and modify it - we play to 15 pts instead of 10.