I don't know what has happened, but all of a sudden Jordyn has realized she can climb. She is always up on our tall chairs and table. The other day she climbed the railing overlooking our family room, just the way a money climbs a tree. I have been watching her try to climb out of bed for a while now, but figured she was far from succeeding. She succeeded. She ran into our room this morning and woke us up. My first thought was that someone was in our house and got her out. Then my more rational brain woke up and I realized she did it. She broke free. I put her back in her crib and watched her climb out again. We put her down for nap, and the same thing. She climbed right out. It is scary to watch cause she is just so little, and she just drops.
We bit the bullet and put up the toddler bed. I really didn't want to. I know naps and bedtime are going to be hard. But she is not just going stop climbing out. So I figured we might as well try to prevent injury and set up the toddler railing.
I am not going to lie, a little part of me died taking down the crib. The part of me that never wants her to grow up. I looked at Jordyn and asked her why she could not just stay my baby forever. She said "baby" and ran and got me her baby doll. Then there is the part of me that so cherishes naptime! Oh naptime! What will I do when it ends! Jordyn on the other hand was exstatic about the whole thing. Which is obvious!
3 comments:
You know what though? Toddler bed doesn't necessarily mean the end of naps. Lucy has been in her toddler bed since February and she still naps everyday. I just put a doorknob cover on her door so she can't get out of her room and she just plays until she zonks out. Sometimes it's on the floor by her door but usually it's on her bed, right where she belongs. Good luck! For your sake, I hope Jordyn does the same thing!
Oh she is soooo cute loving her long blonde hair! What a cutie!
Oh man, I feel your pain and I'm sure you know what I have been through with Carson on the posts I put up. I hope it works out well for you. She is sure a cutie though.
Post a Comment