Friday, July 13, 2012

What's New

There is really not much new in the Barton house.  Same old, same old.  Just living life day by day.  And in case you are wondering, here is what that is like...

Jordyn:
She is a sweetheart, but she is definitely coming on to two.  The fits are becoming louder and more frequent.   We are figuring out how to discipline, and it sucks!  We suck!  But with all the practice we are getting, I am sure we will get the hang of it.  Jordyn is talking all over the place.  New phrases come along every day.  My favorite lately is when she comes to me with her fake cry and holds up a finger or points to her toes and lets out a pathetic little "owie".  I give it a quick kiss and she shrugs her shoulders and says "all better"!  It makes me giggle every time.

Here are some 4th of July pics...  On a side note, Chad bought her this little golf caddy.  She is obsessed!  I know when to pick my battles, and I did not want a crying picture so I just let her hold on to the caddy.
This is her "cheese" face.


Chad:
Chad is really liking his job.  It is weird to think he has now been working for Microsoft for a year.  He has 5 accounts now.  He has one global account, which means he has conversations with people in New Zealand and UK quite a bit.  It is just kind of funny when he has a call with them on Thursday at 2 pm here, and it is already something like 8 am Friday there. But as much as he likes his job, he likes to golf even more.  He tries to go about once a week.  There were a couple weeks there he had to skip cause he broke a window of a nearby house.  Unfortunately he had to pay to have it replaced, so he took a couple weeks off.  Not his best game!

Mandi:
Staying at home has been a lot better for me the past few months.  I am doing some reading groups with kids in the ward and neighborhood and I love it!  When I started the process, I told myself I would be satisfied if I had 12 students.  I ended up having 14 students in June and 9 in July.  I have had some parents ask me if I will continue during the school year, so I am trying to figure that out and just how I want to run things for an after-school program.  I am also really enjoying Junebug Jane.  I average about one sale a week, which is just enough to keep my hands busy.  I don't make a ton of money, but enough for us to play with a little bit. 

That's all I have to report.  I hope everyone is enjoying summer, cause it is flying by!

4 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

I am in love with jordyn! I love that pic of her just cheesin it with her gold caddy.. i love her 4th of july outfit also! Love to hear updates... are you guys goin to be comin with connor gets home?

Enrique and Lindsay said...

She is getting so big! What a cutie. And don't you just love how a magic kiss from mommy can make any "owie" go away? haha

Jody and Tyler said...

Holy smokes Jordyn is getting SO big! Her long hair is so cute! I miss you guys so much! When ever we get together with the Butterfields or Trythalls it diffenately feels like we are missing something, or someone's. I am glad you are enjoying your reading program too, I think that's a genius idea and totally plan to get my kids involved in something like that over the summers. I need to order something from Junebug! I have been wanting to since you put it up, but since life is getting back to normal for us (employment wise) I will be placing an order soon! We miss you guys! Love ya!

The Judd Family said...

Jordyn is adorable! I love her cheesy smile. It reminds me of Kelli when she was that age. I think every parent sucks at disciplining with their first kid. Someone told me that the first kid is the guinea pig. I completely agree. But it's great to figure it all out. That's neat you do a reading program and you make and sell your own stuff. Way to go!