Looking back, I really don't remember much about my pregnancy with Jordyn, and I feel kind of bad about that. So I am going to take the time to document what I remember about my 1st pregnancy and this one. This probably won't interest anyone but me!
With Jordyn, I ate and ate and ate. Especially in my first trimester, food always made me feel better. Hence, I gain lots of weight! I mostly craved cold things and fruit. I ate a lot of popsicles and frozen yogurt. With this pregnancy, especially in my first trimester, no food sounded good. Eating was not ever very appealing, but at the same time if I do not eat, I definitely feel crappy. The only things I wanted to eat were breads and fresh fruit. Later on, I have been wanting meats. I can tell now at 22 weeks that I want to eat a lot more food and I am really going to have to be careful!
With Jordyn I did not buy any maternity clothes until mother's day, at which point I was 22 weeks. Even then, I did not really need to wear them. This time, I started wearing maternity clothes, at about 18 weeks. And I need to wear them! The whole rubber-band in the pants thing is no longer working! I know I am showing a lot more now than I was at this point in my first pregnancy, but I hear that is normal.
I was never too sick with Jordyn. I only threw up a handful of times. This time has been quite different. Chad thinks this pregnancy has been significantly harder for me. I went through a few days of the stomach flu in December around 12 weeks. That was bad. It brought on horrible, horrible heartburn. I remember getting heartburn with Jordyn, but that was well after 20 weeks and was nothing compared to this. No amount of tums calms this down. I need to take the most powerful Zantac I can find to even put a dent in this. If I don't take it before dinner, then I really don't sleep during the night due to heartburn. I have definitely been more tired this time around as well. Remember how we went to Cancun back in December? I was at 11 weeks at the time, and so tired! It was a great vacation because we were so willing to relax! I wish I could go back!
This baby is so wiggly! Oh my! I started feeling her move at 16 weeks and it has not slowed down. I really don't think I felt Jordyn move til after 20 weeks. This little baby girl moves constantly. Any time I hold still, I can feel her. She wiggled all through the 20 week ultra sound, making things very difficult! Chad has felt her move from the outside and I don't think he felt Jordyn until I was closer to 28ish weeks. This one is just so active!
I LOVE my doctor. I still have some angry feelings toward the doctor who delivered Jordyn. Let me side track and give you an example....
When I was exactly 40 weeks, I was hoping, foolishly, that dr. N would induce me later that week. I got to my appointment that afternoon, a Tuesday, with loads of questions for him. He walked into the exam room, told me he had to run and do a delivery at the hospital, did the most quick, harsh, and painful exam I have ever endured. He simply said, "Good. Now I will race you to the parking lot!" and left me in the exam room scared, full of questions, and in loads of pain. I walked out of the room and to the front desk. They asked when dr. N wanted to see me again and I had no answer for them. I told them I was upset and really had a lot I wanted to talk to the dr about. The earliest I could see him was the following Wednesday, over a week later. On Wednesday, I was 41 weeks, and he told me he would induce me the next day. It turned out that because Jordyn was overdue that she had passed a stool and swallowed the meconium. As a result, she did not pass her breathing tests and spent 5 days in the nicu, costing us thousands.
I still kinda blame the dr. N for not taking the time to talk to me at 40 weeks. He did however do well during my labor and emergency c-section. The office I am going to this time is made up of 4 drs and they are all great. One dr. S talked to Chad and I for nearly and hour last week about chosing a VBAC or c-section for this delivery. It was great to be able to sit down and have things so clearly explained to me. Dr. N never took that kind of time. In fact, dr. S took more time to explain my first c-section than even dr. N, the one who performed the c-section, did. At my 6 week appointment after Jordyn was born, I asked my dr. N what having a c-section would mean for my future pregnancies. His response was that I could have as many children as I wanted; that this should not slow me down. That was the end of that conversation. Dr. S explained to me last week the risks that come along with so many c-sections. There is just so much more to it than was ever explained to me. I LOVE my drs here so grateful for the time I feel like they set aside for just me. I am still juggling the VBAC or c-section question but I know a lot more and feel so much more informed than I did a week ago and I have nearly made a decision.
There is a lot more to say about this pregnancy and Jordyn's, I just can't think of it all. I am sure this is blog post that I will continue to add too. (and it is already so long!)
3/8/13
I thought of another pregnancy oddity. I am so emotional! I cried this morning when Jordyn was watching "Land Before Time". Back in December when I was so busy sewing, I watched all the Harry Potter movies. I cried multiple times with every one. I vocally wept when Dumbledore died. I laid down by Jordyn to put her to bed one night during Christmas break in Burley, and she sang "I am a Child of God" for me. I could not stop crying. Books... I cry when I read books. I remember crying when I was pregnant with Jordyn, but that was mostly because of stress from teaching and school. I had the class from H**L that year and that made me cry a lot. But nothing like this now. I just walk around and start crying. Sheesh Mandi, get a hold of yourself!
3/10/13
Pregnancy Brain! I just read a book about a woman who is diagnosed with early onset alzheimers. It is kind of freaking me out everytime I forget something. Did I tell Chad that, or did I just think I needed to tell him? Did I respond to that email? I swear there was something I am supposed to be doing today? Then I just have to take a few deep breaths and blame it on pregnancy brain. No I am not crazy. I do not have alzheimers at 27. I am just pregnant and therefore a little more stupid than normal.
3 comments:
Wow! Your old doctor sounds awesome... I would have been livid if that happened to me at 40 weeks. Glad you found someone better.
As for the pregnancies, mine were as different as night and day. And as it turns out, these two kids are as different as night and day. Maybe there's something to that... Now post a belly pic already. Do you want to document your pregnancy or not? ;)
You are too funny! I love the pregnancy update, keep em coming!
ha ha ha...I know this post is old but I was SUPER emotional my 2nd pregnancy too - like I started to tear watching the Lion King when Simba's mom walks proudly through the hyenas to meet Scar....it must be a 2nd kid thing!!!
Post a Comment