Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chatterbox

Jordyn talks all. the. time.  And it is non-sense.  It really takes an effort for me to piece together her crazy stories.  Dinnertime is the worst.  She talks so much she doesn't eat.  We bribe her by saying "3 bites and then you can tell more of your story."  This video is at one such dinner.  Translation follows below. 

Let me preface...she is super confused about the word "father".  She cannot get that father is the same thing as dad, and that Chad is her father.  No, we do not have any friends named Michael.  And Wednesday is not only a date, but also a place.

Me:  Jordyn, who is your father?
Jordyn:  Well, he jumped over, and…. I had a dog.  And he had a huge big dog.  And he had a big bracelet, and he was nice, and he didn’t have teeth.  He was a little, like this little big. 
Chad:  How big was his dog?  What color was his dog?

Jordyn:  Well, kind of white.  And my dog was kind of brown.  So I like purple, so my father painted my dog. 

Chad:  What did you have for breakfast?

Jordyn:  I told you, waffles! Yeah, I told you.  And he had cheese with my waffles.  And then told my father we don’t have cheese with waffles you silly.  And he (mumble something I don’t know……)  I wasn’t a goose.  I just, I just go do that at my father’s house. 
Chad:  Where does your father live again?

Jordyn:  At this much big of house.  Yeah.  And I can fit in it.

Chad:  What color is his house?

Jordyn: Um, black. Yeah.
Chad:  Does he have a TV?

Jordyn:  Huh?

Chad:  Does he have a TV?
Jordyn:  Yeah, yeah.  Kind of.  He has a little TV and a big, huge TV.  It was kind of big, huge.

Chad:  Does your father live with someone else?
Jordyn:  Well, he lives with a friend named Michael.  Yeah.  Michael is his funny dang friend.  He looks like he has a black shirt like my father.  He has a white shirt.  And he put on a white shirt and Michael put on a shirt, white, when he was going to bed, and he had white jammies, with lots of different colors like pink, and green, and yellow, and lots of colors.  And even blue and purple.  And he had some bib bibs, some medium bib bibs for me.  (She has always called bibs “bib bibs”.)  And he had a baby named Addy Paddy.  Yeah, like we have an Addy Paddy.

Chad:  Who had a baby named Addy Paddy?  Your father or Michael?
Jordyn:  Um, kind of Michael has a friend, a sister named cheese.  And he, and Michael was, and my brother and we are going to his big Michael house. 

Chad:  Does Michael go to church?
Jordyn:  Well, he has a boy one.  He has a boy church.  Yeah, he has a fridge (looks at the fridge).  He has kind of a playhouse church.  It’s not real.  Yeah.

Chad:  Oh, it’s not real?  But Michael is real?
Jordyn:  Yeah, he is. Well, well, well, my father went to his big Michael house.  And, and his mommy taked his baby, and walked, and had a car.  Yeah, and my father went to his friend Michael’s house.

Chad:  I thought your father and Michael lived together?
Jordyn:  (Chuckles) No, they take turns.  My father take me all to Michael’s house, and then they went on an airplane, and then we went on an airplane and I was big, and I was being brave. 

Chad:  Where did you go on the airplane? 
Jordyn:  On his, and he told me, do you want to see my grandma?  She was here.  She was saying, and….

Me:  So Jordyn, tell me one more time.  Where does your father live? 
Jordyn:  At a house.

Me:  Where is his house? 
Jordyn:  On Wednesday. 

 

 

 

 

No comments: