Castle Rock is about 45 minutes south of downtown Denver, and 45 minutes north of Colorado Springs. It is surrounded by open space, so while it is close to big city, it does not feel at all like big city. We have a quaint little downtown with an outdoor ice skating rink, antique barn, restaurants and the normal city buildings. On the other side of town we have a more commercial area with lots and lots of shopping. There is a fancy outlet mall, which I hardly ever go to, because I am not very fancy! The outlets are supposed to quadruple in size in the next two years, and I am not really happy about it. I feel like the small town feel is on the brink with all the growth. Castle Rock has a population of about 60,000. When we first moved here 3 years ago, there were only 50,000. The 2010 census had a population of 31,000. So this town is growing fast. The city has a lot of little small town festivities. My favorite is the Starlighting. There is a star on the top of the rock that they light up every year at Christmas time. The day is full of hot chocolate, carriage rides, chili at the fire station, live nativity, face painting, and all that sort of stuff. When they light the star, they have fireworks.
Castle Rock is beautiful! I cannot take credit for these photos. They come from a group of photographers here in town.
![]() |
| Do I need to point out the rock? |
![]() |
| I can take credit for this one. The Starlighting! |





No comments:
Post a Comment