Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blessings

Chad recently got a new calling as Executive Secretary in our ward. It is a big calling and I am so proud of him for being able to hold such a calling. He is at a lot of meetings on Tuesday nights and Thursday nights. And on Sundays he is at meetings from 6 am to around 2 pm. The 6 am is a BIG deal to him cause he is not a morning person! During a short moment of complaining about the time spent, he teasingly said with a half smile on his face, "We better see good blessings for this." I told him I that I think we are already so blessed, and this is just payback.

We are blessed with a means to provide for ourselves. We both have good jobs. If there is something we need, we can afford to get it. Even if there is something we want, we can afford to either get it, or save towards it. We have a warm home (thanks to our little space heater!) full of lots of luxuries.

We have great supportive families. We know they love us and would do whatever they could for us.

We have friends close around us. We had a little super bowl party last week and I felt so lucky to have friends to laugh with. We also went out to dinner with Stacy and Jared last night. It was so fun to see them!

We are happy, lucky, and blessed to have each other. Basically, things are going good for us! Thanks for reading our fairly boring blog, hopefully it helps you think of the blessings you have received in your life!

P.S. I was going to post some pictures of the wicked awsome fort Chad and I built a few weeks ago, but the ports in my laptop are not working, and Chad's laptop shutdown this week. So sorry, but you are missing out on the fort!

2 comments:

The Trythalls said...

Mands, I am blessed to have you in my life... I am sorry we couldn't hang out longer on Friday I went home and fell asleep at about 9:30 and woke up at 9:00 the next morning. We will have to do something soon.

peterson said...

That is exciting about your news! Good for Chad!