Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had such a fun easter weekend. Chad's weekend started Friday morning as he went golfing with his dad, grandpa and others in the Barton family. He complained of being tired and sore after walking 18 holes, but I know he loved every minute of it! Later that night we got together for a dinner at Aunt Lisa's. We had fun chatting and catching up with everyone.
Saturday morning we headed down to Gunnison for the Dyreng Easter festivities. It was a rainy day, but that did not get us down. We relocated the picnic to Grandma's backyard and waited for the sun to come out to go roll eggs. This is a Dyreng tradition that I thought was normal. Apparently it is not! Our family finds a hill, digs a little trail, and rolls our eggs down. Eventually the eggs break, and we just end up throwing them at each other! The best part is that I actually have pictures and not silly clip art pictures!


I came outside to find Canyen and Chad, and where else would he be, but up a tree!

Even Chad got into the egg rolling fun!


Payton showing off his eggs.


Connor and Brooks at the top of the trail rolling their eggs.


Everyone getting ready for the Grand Finale!

When Chad and I get together with family, we basically play Aunt and Uncle. We love to see our nieces and nephews. I smile every time I see how cute and playful Chad is with kids! So, thanks to all our siblings for sharing your kids with us!

8 comments:

Markell said...

maybe the egg throwing is a Gunnison thing. We did it as little kids.

JaKe and NaT* said...

looks like you guys had so much fun for easter!! i wish we could have come up so bad... Jake worked all weekend so we had to stay in cedar.. loved the post!! hope everything is goin just grand!!

The Judd Family said...

Hey Mandi,
It sounds like you had a great Easter. I sure miss the egg rolling. You asked about where I am at. We have been in Salt Lake, but we are actually moving to Sandy this weekend. You look so cute. I hope everything is going well.
Ash

Casey and Samantha said...

Cute pictures! Chad was a real pro at the whole easter egg roll dig! It was so much fun to see you guys last weekend! I think we should get together for dinner sometime...

peterson said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day. I was sad to miss out but we had to get the painting done!

The Trythalls said...

Oh my goodness Mands. Blake looked at me like I was crazy when I told him that we would roll easter eggs down a hill. I am so glad someone else did this too.

The Trythalls said...

Mandi, I am so sorry that we didn't invite you guys down. It was a pretty last minute decision that we were going. I told Stacy that you were going to feel so sad when you found out that we layed by the pool without you. We will have to all go down when it isn't such a last minute thought.

Jared and Stacy Gillins said...

I totally agree with Nikki. You guys have GOT to come to St George and play with me! I would absolutely love it so so much! OR Jared and I could come up there. Either way I really think we all need to figure out a weekend where we can all get together.....And SOON! I miss you girls like CRAZY! Have Nikki here made me so homesick for my two favorite friends of all time! :(