Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Be Happy With It...

Tonight, I have read several blogs, not about events and pictures and going ons, but blogs about thoughts and feelings. And I have been compelled to share my thoughts for the week. WARNING, you may not care about any of this babbling!

I have been thinking lately that I am a jealous person. I read blogs about the fun vacations and the new toys and all these fun parties and amazing lifestyles. I know this is lame, but I get a little jealous. I was talking with my mom about it on the phone the other day and she said, "Always remember that if you are not happy without it, you will not be happy with it". It hit me that it has nothing to do with me being jealous, and everything to do with me having a bad attitude. I need to be happy with what has been dealt me. Example, I really struggled this past year in my classroom. My class was hard for me, and for some reason, my solution was to complain. Well, the year is over, and and looking back it was not my favorite year as far as my career goes. I know that has everything to do with my attitude. I feel like I have lost what could have been an amazing year as a teacher. I promise, no wait... I VOW this will not happen again! Lucky for me I have a job that I get to start anew every year, and my goal this year is to be happy with it. I don't know if anyone out there cares about any of this, but I want to apply this in all aspects of life, not just teaching. I may not have everything I want. I may not get to go all the places I want to and travel the world. I do not get paid as much as I would like. But I am happy, and that is all that matters! Having a good attitude can and will make all the difference in my life. (I always feel like I should say amen after blogs like this!)

8 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

amen mandi... AMEN!! yes i to agree you should say amen.. that was such a good post and i think we all need to hear that every now and again.. i'm the same way i will ready other peoples blogs and be like oh my heck how do they have money to do that or go there... but i guess will all get our turn someday right... good words!! thank you so mucho grande

kenna said...

So, you don't know me I don't think...

I am in your ward and I came across your blog via the RS blog.

I shall give you a loud and exuberant AMEN. I think you are dead on with what you said, and honestly, I needed to hear something like that.

I too struggle with the whole, 'jealousy' issue. No bueno.

Well, hopefully this doesn't creep you out that I am somewhat of a blog stalker.

Ciao and take care!

Markell said...

I love posts like this. It's good to know every one gets a little blogitis. That is what I've named it!

Lauren Maley said...

I have been thinking about this a lot. We get so much more out of life and out of our experiences if we will just have a good attitude, sometimes it sucks.

Hey, GUESS WHAT!! I posted, just for you. and i posted a lot. more to come too.

Jared and Stacy Gillins said...

Hello darling! This is so true. I often see other blogs and am envious of all the places people go or things they have but really that is not the point of a blog (to make others jealous) it's to share your life with others and hopefully they can learn from your experiences. Life is funny and so are people! :)

Kayla said...

Mandi, your blog was exactly what I needed to hear right now! I have a hard time with the things you describe too. Thank you for the reminder! Life is good even though I don't get to go backpack through Europe for a month, and I don't have the car or house I want!

Casey and Samantha said...

Amen to that!! THat is definitely something I need to work on! I have been know to complain every now and again, okay, sometimes all the time. But, just like you said, really what more could I want. Good food for thought!

Ryan and Neeley said...

May you be filled with loving kindness, may you be well, may you be peaceful and at ease, may you be happy. Ancient Tibetan Blessing. This is one of my very favorite sayings. We are lucky to be in the profession that we are, I love that fact that I get to start fresh every year. Sometimes I wish I could start fresh in other areas!