Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Happiest Place On Earth

Chad and I just had our 1 year anniversary and we decided to celebrate by going to Disneyland. We both had fall break so it worked out perfectly. We left Wednesday just as soon as Chad got done with his work route. I have bever seen him so excited about anything! He was acting just like a kid, and so giddy (ok... I was probably acting the same way), and I could not help but remember how much I love him and how much he makes me laugh.
As classic road trips go, we blew a tire but eventually got to Anaheim safe and sound. We ran to Downtown Disney to get dinner at ESPN zone, and Chad was in heaven. We don't have ESPN at home and I think he could have spent the whole weekend there just jumping from channel to channel on the TV in our booth.
The next day, Thursday, we went to Disneyland. Now, I love Disneyland and everything about Disney, but Chad might top me. For most of the day, Chad was 3 steps ahead of me and holding my hand to make sure I kept up with him. We ran so much I did not have time to take a single picture that day! By 9:00 that night, I looked at Chad with the saddest eyes I have and told him I did not think I could make it til midnight when the park closes. This kid is hard core! But we had so much fun that day! Luckily we got on every ride in Disneyland that day at least once because the rest of the weekend the park was PACKED!
We spent the next day in California Adventure. It was a lot less crowded here and we went from ride to ride to ride. It was great weather, and a great day. We spent the evening back at Disneyland to watch the Halloween fireworks show. We were packed in there like sardines. I have never seen such a crowd in my life. Workers had to leave their rides to come direct the walking traffic around the center of the park. It was nuts!
Our last day there, we hopped from park to park to make sure we got in all the rides and fun we could possibly take in. We also took some time to take pictures this day because I bought a new camera just for this trip!


Thoughout our trip, I realized how happy I am being married to Chad. We have so much fun together. One night we got back to our hotel and crashed on the bed. I am not sure what was said, but we were so tired and aching from the day, we laughed and laughed. I think we laughed the entire weekend. Sometimes, we hurry around in our daily lives just trying to stay afloat. I am so grateful that Chad and I took the time to get away from that and celebrate. It really made me stop and think about how happy I am and how grateful I am for our marriage. Thanks hun for the great year and many more to come!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Mandi I'll apologize for Chad about Disneyland, It's kind of a Barton thing (a big thing) If you think Chad's bad just wait until you go with Rod. We're luck to stop for lunch, bathroom break, etc... We do have fun and love Disney, especialy Disneyworld! I'm glad both of you could take the time to go. Time together like that is real important!
Love ya, Lisa

The Judd Family said...

Congrats! What a fun trip! The last time I was in Disneyland, was senior trip. Good times. I agree that getting away together is the best thing. Glad you had so much fun.

Casey and Samantha said...

I love Disneyland too! Sometime we all need to go together! Maybe you can help me get casey excited about it. It doesn't share the same enthusiasm as Chad... I'm totally jealous; it looks like you had an awesome trip!

peterson said...

How fun for you guys! I can't wait to take my kids there someday!

C said...

Looked like you guys had a blast! Disneyland is seriously the best place!! Hope everything else is going good! I miss seeing you around! Take Care : )