I have had several comments from readers that they are sick of looking at tree weed, so I guess it is time to update my blog! But before I do, I know you have all been wondering about tree weed... it has not come back. It has accepted defeat.
Since the last week of June, Chad and I have been going, going, going. We spent a few days at Lake Powell with my family. It was such a great trip and so fun to get away with my parents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. We have been going to Lake Powell since before I was born. I still get so excited to go, the kind of excited that makes you not sleep the night before! I love pulling up to the water and just being so happy to be there I can hardly contain it! I am lame and forgot a camera but here are a couple pictures I stole from others, so if you are thinking "Hey, I took that picture" you probably did.
And here is my niece Rilee taking her turn!
This is the last day. Can you tell? :)Just after getting home, we headed back down to Gunnison to participate in the hometown 4th festivities. The 4th of July is without a doubt my favorite time to be in Gunnison. I love the small town celebrations. This year we heard a Neil Diamond impersonator, got candy at the parade, and followed my nephews around at the carnival. Thank goodness for the little kids in the family that keep us entertained until our own gets here! (Again, no pictures. Chad is not going to let me get a nice big camera until I learn to take more pictures with the one I have. I am failing miserably!)
Later that evening we headed up to Salt Lake to spend some time with our great friends Soren and Ashley. They just welcomed an adorable baby girl into their home and we just had to see her before they move at the end of this month. They are venturing out all the way to Ohio for law school and we will miss them terribly!
The following week we went to Gunnison to go through the temple with my youngest brother Connor and to spend some time with him before he goes on this mission. He leaves the 4th of August and I think I speak for the whole family in saying we will really miss him!
If you can believe it in all the running around, we still missed out on so much. We missed Grandpa Barton's 80th birthday party and felt so bad we could not see Chad's family and all the cousins. We also missed a special day with one of my most cherished friends, Stacy, as she and her husband Jared were sealed in the Manti Temple. So to those we have missed this summer, we apologize, but know that we love you and wish we could have shared these special times with you.
To add a cherry to our summer sundae, we are headed to the Oregon Coast next week with Chad's family. His brother Tyler is leaving on his mission on August 11th. We are excited to spend some time with him, but sad for the time to come to say goodbye. We will miss you Ty! (I promise to get some pictures of this trip!)
Between weekends running around and hours in the car, we have both been in classes. Chad is still working as well. I am now in the last week of my master's classes and could not be more anxious to be done. Sitting 8 hours a day is much more difficult than I could have imagined.
As far as the pregnancy goes...still pregnant. She is kicking and moving all the time. At my last appointment the doctor commented on how high she was sitting. I thought, "That explains a lot cause I can't breathe and I feel like my ribs are being forced in an outward direction." But, only 10 more weeks! It is coming fast and we are soooooo anxious for her to be here!
4 comments:
Looks like a fun busy summer! PS you will LOVE the coast....Jimmy's family has gone every year since he was little and I went for the 1st time last year....loved it!!
What a busy and fun Summer!!!! Can't wait to see you and Chad this week-end. Missed seeing you with Chad the last couple of time. I'm getting so excited for this baby too. As if you can't tell, hope you liked the outfits. Drive safe! and see you Saturday. Love ya!
What a fun summer. You will love having a little one they are so much fun.
Ten more weeks?!!? Holy Cow! Time is FLYING! Maybe not so much for you... This summer has been NUTS!! But at least you're fitting in all the fun things right? Have fun on your trip this weekend! We will all be expecting LOTS of pictures!! Now's the time to prove yourself. Chad will have to buy a nice camera for you after this trip:)
Post a Comment