Jordyn is now 4 months! People say how the time flies and how quickly babies grow , and it is true, but mostly what is amazing is how much things change in 4 months. You go 9 months waiting and waiting and it all seems to drag on. Then BAM..., you have a baby and everything is a whirlwind. Both Chad and I are pretty busy during the week, and we live for the weekends when we have time to play with and love on our baby girl. On this Valentine's Day, we love our baby girl more than we thought posssible. Here are some of the things Jordyn loves on Valentine's 2011:
*Rolling. She rolls around everywhere and get herself caught in the oddest places. She has been rolling from back to front for about a month now. After a month of her rolling onto her tummy and then whining, she has finally learned to roll back onto her back. Thank heavens!
*Sleeping. She really is a good sleeper. We went through a rough period from about December through mid January where she was waking up 2-3 times a night. We worked on making sure she napped better in the day, and it has made all the difference. She slept until 9:30 this morning!
*Her thumb. She finds the thumb on her left hand and goes to town. It is so cute! (I hope I don't regret it in the future!) I think this has also helped her sleep. We hear her whine in the night and she soon finds her thumb and is back asleep.
*Rice Cereal! We have been trying to get her to take cereal for about a week now and she just figured it out the last couple days. She is a mess, but she loves it!
*Blowing bubbles. It is cute, but it makes for a slobbery baby.
*Attention. We played a "give me attention" game tonight. She whined until I looked at her and then magically it became a laugh. This pattern went all through dinner.
*Mirrors, toys on her playmat, music, daddy's guitar, dancing and singing with mommy, playing with her feet, her friends at the baby-sitter, and her changing table.
*She doesn't necessarily love the dr. but I just thought I should note her 4 month stats. She weighed in at 12 lbs 12 oz (20th percentile) and 23 inches long (10th percentile). For being a fairly big newborn (8lbs 7 oz), she is just a little baby now!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh I love these pictures. She is SO cute!! I just want to squish those chubby little cheeks! That surprises me that she is so small because she looks pretty big in the pictures! Lucy is a thumb sucker too and so far I haven't regretted it. It has saved me from having to get up in the night so many times! I just hope she's not like a 5 year old thumb sudker. haha
She is tiny, but she doesn't look it. She has the cutest cheeks I've ever seen. I love the pictures! She looks so cute in then and her outfit is adorable. I'm glad she is sleeping well for you. That is such a blessing.
such a cutie little girl. Can't wait to see you this week end.
Sooo Cute! Love these pics. You have an adorable little girl. Sounds like everything is moving right along and she is doing great. I am glad to hear all is well. Sorry about your blog having issues. Hope they resolve soon.
Post a Comment