Monday, May 9, 2011

Springtime Saga

I have a lot of ground to cover in this post, so it might seem kind of novel-ish.

Chapter 1: Birthday.  I turned 26.  I am now closer to 30 than I am to 20.  When I first thought about it, I was a little devistated.  Then I remembered what my life was like at the age of 20.  It was great fun and unforgetable, but I would not trade my amazing husband, my beautiful daughter, my career, my family and everthing that I have now to be 20 for even a day.  26 is awesome!

Chapter 2: Graduation.  Announcing the graduation of Chad James Barton.  Utah Valley University.  Bachelor of Science in Information Systems.  Recieving the Student Excellence Award in his department.  Graduating with a GPA anyone would be proud of.  I am so proud of him.  We celebrated with a day of fun at the Provo Beach Resort (so fun, check it out).  And we will continue to celebrate with NO MORE HOMEWORK for either of us!   Congratulations Chaddycakes!




Chapter 3: Mother's Day.  What a great day for women everywhere!  Chad and the young men in our ward were in charge of primary on Mother's Day.  Before sacrament meeting, he came up to me with a little box he made in primary.  He had made a heart of his fingerprints on the top and a tag that said "Look inside and you will see, the greatest gift God has given me".  Inside was a little mirror.  He just smiled and said it was from him and Jordyn.  So sweet.  The best part of the day for me was sitting through all 3 meetings with my little girl on my lap, occasionally looking up at me to smile, then snuggling into my chest.  Sure, I got drenched with slobber every time.  But it just made the day all the better.

Chapter 4:  Career Paths.  Does anyone know what is in store for Chad and I in the next few months?  If you know, please share!  We are kind of directionless right now.  Chad is on the job hunt in state, out of state, everywhere.  He has some great leads that would take us on some great adventures.  We are also happy here and have opportunities to stay.  Who knows.  Not us!

Chapter 5:  School.  I have had such a fun year!  I have been in 3rd grade this year and just loved it.  I loved my team.  I have loved my students...and....I will get to love my students again next year!  I am moving to 4th grade with them.  Back to my old classroom, my old team, my old curriculum.  I kind of feel like a yo-yo, bouncing back and forth.  Spring always seems stressful at school.  Especially when I have to re-track my brain to get ready for a different grade, and moving my classroom.  There is also testing.  Everyone is on edge.  Only 12 days left!

That is the springtime saga.  Celebrations on every corner.  Anticipating summer.  Enjoying life and our little family.  Good weather.  Gotta love spring!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Chad! I'd love to help you out with letting you know where Chad will work but I'm in the same boat...for the next two years!!! :)

sara said...

Mandi Jane! Congrats on the graduation Chad. Also, to answer your last question, my Nikki Nikon doesn't have panorama. I got Nikki a sister, Sony Sally and she does. It s just a small compact to keep in my purse. And your photos of Jordan are awesome! Keep them coming!