Sunday, June 5, 2011

Big things are comin...

We have been in a very confused state of mind the last couple months.  Chad has graduated.  He has interviewed with various places, and nothing seemed to work out or feel right for us.  He started to get tired of the whole scene and put most of his eggs in one basket, continuing his job at UVU, only full time.  He reserved one egg for a job with microsoft he had applied for and had done a phone interview. 
In the mean time, on my side of things I had decisions to make in my own career.  Should I continue teaching at East Meadows?  I had the opportunity to go to a new school.  Should I continue to teach full time, or try just teaching half day?  What grade will I be teaching?  What were we going to do about Jordyn and daycare? Things started to fall into place, I would be at East Meadows, back in 4th grade.

Then microsoft called and wanted a second interview. Chad left for North Carolina.  The job he had originally applied for turned out to be completely wrong for our family.  But he learned of another position, Techincal Account Manager or TAM, that would be perfect for him.  He came home feeling good about the interview.  We figured if he got the job, we would spend a year or two in North Caorlina and then ask to be transfered back west somewhere closer to home.  So suddenly, the things that had started to fall into place, were back in limbo again.

One long week later, microsoft called back and told Chad he had a TAM position.  To top it off, they were giving him options of what office he wanted to work in.  One option being Denver, Colorado!  We were so excited!  This is the kind of job Chad expected to have in 10 years!  Still, Denver is a big change, so we told them we needed a few days to sleep on it and make sure it was right.  And we decided the best place to do this was San Diego! (we actually had the trip planned previously, and I will blog about that another day). 

After sleeping on it... and throwing in a couple amusement parks and beachside play days and a gorgeous temple... we have decided Denver is the place!  The more we talk about it, the more excited we get.  It will be a big lifestyle change for us.  Chad will be working full time at the job he has dreamed of.  I will get to stay home with Jordyn for now and take care of my family (a little nervous about this, I might go stir crazy).  We are so excited!  The downfall, as there always is, Chad will be doing a training program from July 5th to about August 15th.  Six weeks bouncing back and forth, spending most of his time in Washington state, and a little in Denver.  I will probably stay in Utah til mid August.  It will be a long 6 weeks without him.   But in the whole sceme of things, it is not really a huge downfall.  More of a little declining slope.  We will get through it and LOVE DENVER!

ps.  Don't you think Denver will be a lovely place for you all to come visit!?

9 comments:

Drew and Michelle said...

We are SO excited for you! What an Awesome opportunity! We'll totally be coming to visit you (and Drew's mission)!

peterson said...

That is so exciting for you guys! I hope some day we can come and visit you guys! By the way, we are going to do a cousin camping trip the last weekend of June since none of us can go to lake powell. So hopefully you guys can come!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys!! We plan on driving through Colorado in a year or two, so we'll come visit!! :)

Enrique and Lindsay said...

Yay, congrats! That is very exciting :)I'm sure you'll love it.

JaKe and NaT* said...

I'm so excited for you mandi! What an awesome experience that will be and how fun that you get to stay home with jordyn! I'm so excited for you guys in this new journey in life... I have heard Denver is beautiful.. I have only been to Colorado once and that was wee years ago I hardly remember but we definitely would love to come visit... Good luck with everything and I'm sure will be seeing you soon with all the festivities coming up!

The Judd Family said...

That is so exciting! My brother Greg and Megan lived in Denver when they were first married. I would take trips with my parents to visit them. Denver is so pretty. Even the drive there is amazing! I could totally live there. Good luck with everything!

sara said...

Congrats Mandi Jane! Staci and Scott are in Boulder CO. They love it and we have visiated and like it too. Even though I think you should have joined us on the east coast, I am still happy for you. Also, congrats on getting to be a stay at home mommy. Trust me lady, you will have plenty to do and will love it. I am not nearly as crafty as you and I stay busy busy. Good luck!

MEREDITH said...

That is exciting! I think you guys will love Denver... We are still missing Jordyn! We wish ya lots of good luck!

Helen said...

Mandi-What a fun new adventure for you and your family! Also your sweet little girl has the most fantastic cheeks ever. Love them! Good luck!