Tuesday, August 16, 2011

911... What is your emergency?

So we are in Denver in temporary housing now for the next month.  The movers came and packed up our stuff and will be delivering most of it to a storage unit tomorrow; some will come to this temporary apartment.  The movers and everyone organizing our move have for the most part done well and things have gone pretty smoothly.  I have had little to stress about, and I still seemed to screw it up.  The story goes as follows:
Everything was out of our home in Payson, except the dirt.  I borrowed my SIL Sam's vacuum since ours had been loaded for storage. I loaded Jordyn and the vacuum into my mother in law's car since mine was full of stuff, and went to Sam's house to return the vacuum and say my final goodbye.  Somehow, I lost my brain for about 7 seconds and locked the keys and Jordyn in the car!  I was horrified!  It was hot and the car was directly in the sun.  I spent about 15 minutes trying to find my mother in law and a spare key.  Then tried to find a policeman I had seen on the side of the road.  After about 20 minutes, I called 911.  They sent a cop to the house and it took him about 20 seconds to unlock the car.  Poor Sam and Dillon just stood by the car and listened to her cry the whole time, while I was back and forth between Payson and Salem.  When we finally got her out, she was so hot and sweaty and just clinging to me.  I felt so awful.  But Jordyn was easy to forgive. 

Now I can say I have dialed 911.  Luckily, my emergency was not anything extremely traumatizing.  But still,  I hope it never happens again! 

2 comments:

sara said...

Don't feel bad Mandi. I cannot tell you how many times I have come close to doing the same thing or other variations of it. Things get crazy as parents, what can you expect. Just tell Jordyn that. Haha, I am sure she will understand.

peterson said...

Hey I did that once at work. Luckily it was not hot outside. So I know how you feel. I'm glad that everything was ok. I hope your liking Denver! Good Luck with everything!