It is funny moving into a new home. It is by far the biggest purchase of our lives. We spent so much time looking and praying for the right house. Then we finally got it and moved in and realized we have no one to share it with! 99% of you may not care about any of this, but maybe someone wants to see my house! I meant to post all these a while ago, but I have found out it is impossible to have the entire house clean at the same time. It has taken me like 2 weeks to take the pictures.
This is our house. We love it! One thing we love that we did not really expect or necessarily look for was the 3rd car garage. It is awesome. We were kind of worried about the size of the lot, and how close to the neighbors we are, but so far it has not been a problem at all. We figure everyone else in the neighborhood lives this way, so we should be ok too. We also love that is is south facing so the snow melts quickly (and we get quite a bit).
This is the back yard, well the west half of it. I was not willing to trudge through the snow to get a full picture. You can see it is kind of small, but on the upside, it is 100% landscaped with sprinklers installed. No time, work, or money required! (yet)
This is the view from the front door. It is kind of a front/dining room. I love the vaulted ceilings. You can see the stairs going up off to the right and one of the bedroom doors upstairs too. You can also see that it walks into the kitchen. We like that the house was painted and trimmed nicely, again, less time/work/money.
This is another view of the front room, taken from the kitchen doorway.
This is the kitchen. I love the wood floors. One thing I kind of wanted was a bar with space for bar stools. This kitchen was not built that way, so we got this little table and I love it! I love how the kitchen is so open with lots of counters space and cupboards.
This is taken from the kitchen looking into the family room. You can see the small hallway to the left where the basement stairs are.
Another picture of the family room. There is a step down into the family room which I really like. My mom's house is like this and so I think it just felt more like home. We really like how open this area of the house is and how it all kind of connects. The step down and the railing separate it a little bit which we like too. We were lucky that most of the curtains throughout the house are not too bad. I eventually want to pick out my own. In time.
Heading downstairs now. The downstairs is really what sold us on the house. We were kind of looking for a house with an unfinished basement so we could do it the way we wanted. When we saw this house, we figured we would finish the basement exactly how it is. So it is done, and we don't have to save up for it. This is a small room and bathroom downstairs. We are keeping this room open as a guest room so you can all come visit!
Family room downstairs. Love the wet bar in the corner. It has a mini fridge and microwave and everything. We don't have a lot in this room yet, and we won't need to for a while.
Chad's office is also in the basement. He does the majority of his work from home so that was one major thing we looked for. Chad needed an office that was away from everything so he could focus. This office being in the basement is perfect.
Now upstairs to the bedrooms..
This is the master. We like the vaulted ceilings here, the double sinks in the bathroom, and the walk in closet. My mother in law helped me make the headboard just before we moved and I finally got it painted and attached to the bed. We still need a lot of furniture in the bedroom so that is something we are saving up for.
This is Jordyn's room. I loved her yellow room in our Payson apartment, so with the help of Chad's parents, we painted these walls yellow too. It took 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint to cover. This is the only room we have painted. It was bad to begin with. It was a bright sky blue with a large pink stripe going along the center of the wall. Lucky for us, the shelf was left in the room so I painted it black and hung the quilt I made for Jordyn that she won't sleep with. Another thing we did in this room was to put up a light. When we moved in, there was no wiring for a light fixture in the ceiling. The light switches were connected to outlets for lamps. My dad helped Chad when they came for Thanksgiving.
This is my favorite room. My craft room. I have wanted this room for so long. I love that I have a place to leave my sewing machine and ironing board up. I have a place to keep all my fabric and scraps. I even have a place for my small children's library! This room does not have a ceiling light either and Chad was not able to get to it in the attic, so it never will. I know I probably won't be able to always have this room, but for now I love it!
There is another bedroom upstairs that I thought I had a picture of, but I guess not. It is just empty for now. Chad and my dad put a light in that room too. There is also another bathroom upstairs.
And that is it. Our home. We feel so blessed to be able to live here. We love the house so far. There are things we love about it, and things we need to change. I am so excited about that! It sounds silly but I am glad to be in a house I can add to and do a little fixing. I am excited to have small projects like curtains and decorations to occupy my time. It is fun to be able to save up for blinds and different furniture. One thing I have already done is to stencil the wall above the fireplace. I love to do this kind of stuff and I am so thrilled for the space to do it. We love our home and are so blessed!
9 comments:
i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your home!!!!!! it is JUST PERFECT for you and C-had!!! Part of me is 100% envious of your creativity! I love it.
How fun! I love looking at houses, so thanks for sharing yours! Glad there is a spot for us to stay when we visit! :)
I love your house!! We just moved into our house in May and I still get excited to come home to my own house!! Oh how I would LOVE a three car garage! And it looks like the house was in really good condition too. That's a huge bonus. Looks great!
MANDS!!! I love the house!! Its so cute and spacious! I cant wait to come visit and see it in person. Its going to be even more awesome once you get all those little projects and decor finished too! SO excited for you guys!
Your house looks wonderful!! One way to fix your craft room light situation is an Ikea light. You plug them into an outlet, but the cords are long and meant to be draped up a wall so you have a chandelier type thing. Does that make since? You should check them out though! Thanks for sharing, you found a great house. We just might have to come stay in that guest bedroom sometime. :)
Mandi,
We have lived in our place for 2 1/2 years and you have decorated more in one month than I have ever thought of doing. You are amazing, it looks great!
Yay for real homes! Some day I will have one of these. Its so cute! I bet it will be a blast having your first little Christmas in it!
I'm so glad you posted pictures of your house! I love it! I want to come visit! I love the craft room!!!
Such a cute house, Mandi!! It looks so perfect! Can't wait to come see you guys and see it in person!
Post a Comment