Friday, March 2, 2012

Dancin' Fool

This girl loves gettin' her groove on!  Anytime any song comes on, she is on her feet shakin' and twirlin'.  She loves Tangled, Care Bears, Sesame Street and Blues Clues (we watch too much TV) right now and every time the characters break out in song, she is breaking out her moves.  I am the primary chorister in our ward, and Jordyn gets to come to primary with me til she is old enough for nursery.  When the kids start singing, Jordyn starts dancing.  She loves music.

I know Jordyn is not the only baby who likes to shake it up.  Every time she busts a move I laugh because, like all baby/toddlers, she looks ridiculous.  But to her credit, she has no reservations.  I have had this question for a few years now and I think it stems from having crazy students doing crazy things and just thinking it is all normal.  At what point do children lose this freedom of expression?  At what point to they start looking at others and comparing themselves, and what causes that shift in their thinking?  As an adult, there are so many times that I do or don't do something because I am worried what others will think of me.  I wish I could be more like Jordyn and just do what I feel without any reservations due to judgement.  There is so much that I learn from Jordyn, and children in general.  They have so much to be admired.

1 comment:

Dyrengs said...

I didn't know you were the primary chorister! You'll be so great at that! I love dancing babies!! Seriously... Jordyn is so cute! Can't wait to see you guys soon!