Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happenings...

Gosh, it seems like we have been busy lately.  The last 3 months I have been working with the youth in our ward in a Road Show.  What is a Road Show you ask?  That is what I asked the bishop when he called me.  It is like a little 12 minute  play put on by the ward youth.  And holy cow was it an undertaking!  So many hours writing the script, songs, teaching, dancing, rehersing, costumes, parties, treats, planning, planning and planning.  Luckily  I was working with some great people and was far from alone in the task.  There are 10 wards in our stake.  Each ward had 3 minutes to set up, 12 minutes to perform, and 3 minutes to take down = total 18 minutes per show.  Do the math...18 minutes for 10 wards is 3 hours of performance time.  The stake organized it so that we did 2 performances on Saturday totaling 6 HOURS of road show fun.  We sat on the gym floor and watched 6 hours of road show!  Something I am not eager to do ever again.  But at the end of the night, our ward won first place!  Wahoo!  A lot of work, but worth it in the end.  Isn't that the way it always seems to go. 

Then we headed on vacation.  Well, vacation for me and work for Chad.  Chad went to Seattle for more training so Jordyn and I flew part way with him to Utah.  We spent 5 days there and it went by so fast.  It always does.  So many people to see in so little time.  I spent a day in Utah County seeing friends from East Meadows, getting my hair done and chilling with family.  I spent a day shopping with mom.  I spent some time with the Barton's as well.  And of course, El Mex.  Twice in one day I might add.  Chad flew in to SLC on Saturday and we had a quick lunch and spent some time playing in the park before we got on our flight back to Denver.  Jordyn was soooo tired.  She had hardly slept all week.  She zonked out when we got on the plane but hit some turbulance just as we got in the air and it scared her to death.  It was a bad flight from there on out.
This is the only picture I got of the trip!  Oops!


Just as we got home at about 7:00 Saturday night, Jordyn slipped on our wood floor.  As Chad went to pick her up, she quit breathing and passed out in his arms.  She came to after a few seconds, which seemed like eternity.  We were terrified.  Some neighbor ward members just happened to drop by as all this was happening so we quickly gave her a blessing and took her to the ER.  They figured she had gotten the wind knocked out of her and passed out because of shortness of breath.  No head trauma.  They wanted her to stay in the ER and observe her til midnight.  We made it til about 10 and called it quits.  Containing a sleep deprived 1 year old in a hospital room was more than we can handle.  She seems to be fine now and is back to her normal silly self.

Hopefully things will slow down for a few weeks now.  I have some super fun craft projects planned and I am so excited to get started.  Curtains, re-upholstering, and lots of fun sewing!  I am gonna go get started now!

3 comments:

Dyrengs said...

Your parents told me about Jordyn's little scare. That would terrify me! Glad she's okay. I don't blame you for leaving the ER early. I bet she was so done! So glad we got to see you in your visit here to Utah! We miss having you around!

Enrique and Lindsay said...

Wow, that's scary!! I'm glad she's ok. Sounds like you had a fun trip. And I can honestly say that I hope our ward never learns what a road show is. And if they do, keep me FAR away from it.

Jared and Stacy Gillins said...

Sandy's little girl Kodie has passed out a few times after getting hurt like that. Pretty scary but all is well! Glad you had a fun trip!