Friday, March 23, 2012

Signing

The other day, Jordyn was walking around with her ball.  She but the ball down, looked directly at me, started tapping her fingers together, and said "ball".  She did this over and over.  I could understand she was saying ball and I was kind of excited about it cause I don't feel like she says a lot of words.  But what was she doing with her hands?  Later on, we were watching a baby einstein dvd that we have.  To my shock, she knew all of the words and signs on the dvd, including, you guessed it, ball.  I felt kind of dumb.  My 18 month old knows more sign language than I do.  Signing is not something I have taught her at all.  Like I said, she knows more than I do.  I thought she liked the baby einstein cause of the music.  It is one of those dvds I always just put on when I need her to be out of my way for 20 minutes.  I guess neglect does pay off.

Also, don't mind the silly hat.  My sister made it for her and she is obsessed with it!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is hilarious Mandy! I love it. What a little smarty pants...she's so cute!

Melissa said...

Oops! That comment was from Tatum...I didn't realize my friend was signed in on my computer! lol

Tarrin said...

That is so cute! She's talking and signing! What a growing girl! We're excited to play in a few weeks with you guys!

The Judd Family said...

That is so funny! She is so cute. It is amazing what kids learn at such a young age. I read a couple a posts ago and that was a scary thing that happened to Jordyn and you had to take her to the ER. I'm glad she's ok.