Friday, April 6, 2012

Bartons vs. The Bird

This morning, I was just laying in bed waiting for Jordyn to start talking to herself; my signal that she is ready to get up.  I started hearing a loud tap.  Chad and I jumped out of bed and started looking around for what it could be.  That is when I saw our opponent, the bird, crashing against the window over and over. 



The loud tap was annoying, but what was more annoying was wondering why this dumb bird was doing this over and over.  When he spotted us through the window, he flew off.  But he soon came back, ramming his beak into the window again.  We closed the curtain, hoping he would get his eye off whatever he was spotting through the window, but he still persisted.  We figure the bird must have a nest somewhere close by and was threatened by our window.  With the curtain closed, he could not see us.  Jordyn was certainly intrigued and I think she she kind of became attached to the bird.  After about 3 hours I was getting impatient.  I thought about going all Sanpete County on his tail feathers and getting a tennis racket, when suddenly he left.  But not without leaving us a surprise.  Bird blood splattered all up and down our window.  So gross.

Update:  The bird is back.  This battle is not yet over.

1 comment:

The Trythalls said...

Mandi I love this story! I wish you would have gotten a tennis racket and taken care of that bird!