Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

This is the first Easter ever that I have not spent with my family.  There were so many family traditions that I missed out on this week, but I guess that is part of moving away.  No coloring eggs.  No rolling eggs.  No picnics.  No 4 wheelers.  So, Chad was very patient with me and helped me to start our own little family traditions.
We helped Jordyn find her Easter basket that the Easter bunny hid in the closet.  That sneaky bunny!

Showing off one of the treasures from her basket.

Her first ever peep.  This girl loves some sweets!

Lovin' her bunny from Grandma.

After she emptied her prizes out of the basket.  We went outside for find the eggs the Easter bunny hid.  He is so sneaky! 

She thought picking up the eggs was cool.  Then she realized how to open the eggs and get to the candy inside and suddenly Easter became a whole lot cooler!
 After Jordyn had her Easter fun, we all went for a little ride to enjoy the great weather.  We have not been south of Castle Rock since we moved down here, so we headed down to Colorado Springs.  It is a lot bigger than we had expected.  We stopped into the visitor center at the Garden of the Gods and got a little info and plan on going back this week.

On Easter Sunday, we put the Easter Bunny out of our minds and took some time to remember the real reason for celebrating the Easter season!
And of course, the Easter dress.  I just love going to church on Sunday and seeing all the kids so proud in their Easter clothes.  I also love an excuse to dress up my own little girly!

3 comments:

Enrique and Lindsay said...

She looks just like you! So adorable!!

The Judd Family said...

She is such a cutie! I bet she had so much fun on Easter. I miss the good old traditions in Gunnison. Did you go to the white hills to roll eggs? That is what we did. I sure miss those days. And of course 4 wheeling is a lot of fun too.

Casey and Samantha said...

I love Jordyn! I bet she's makes everything a lot of fun! Looks like a fun Easter! Miss you guys lots! Enjoy the weekend with your parents!