Friday, June 15, 2012

Furniture

The chair I wanted:
Isn't it beautiful!  The not so beautiful part is that it is $300.  Ouch.  I can't just drop that kind of money on a little chair like this.  I searched high and low and this one was the best price I could find.  And it was still just too much for an accent chair right now.

So, I decided to tackle upholstery.  I searched craigslist.  I miss KSL.com.  I looked at thrift stores.  I looked for months.  One day I drove past a little consignment shop and stopped to take a stroll.  I found a chair there for $35.  The only before pics I have are the detail ones I took before I ripped the chair apart.  I wanted to be sure I knew how it went back together!  You can kind of see the brown-ness of the chair.

So I ripped it apart, painted, recovered cushions, put in lots of staples, and finally glued the trim and voila!

This picture is taken at a distance for a reason.  Up close it is not as perfect as a $300 dollar chair would have been.  But it is good enough for me. All for about $80 and fabric to spare for other projects.  It was by far the biggest project I have attempted but I am satisfied!

5 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

Mandi!! I am so proud of you! That looks so amazing and I like it way better than the $300 one! Way to go! Maybe someday I'll get the guts to tackle a project like that;)

Brian and Kelsey said...

Love it! I'm so glad you finally found a chair.

Jared and Stacy Gillins said...

Wow! Where do you even begin with such a project?! It looks so so good though! Well done!!!

Enrique and Lindsay said...

I always feel like such a lazy butt after reading your posts. You're such a go-getter. That chair looks amazing. Maybe someday I'll... nope. Never gonna happen. :)

The Judd Family said...

Amazing!! You are so talented with that kind of stuff! I love the chair! You should be proud of yourself. I would feel good if I did something like that.