The last week of September is Birthday week around here. On the 26th, Chad hit 27 years. We celebrated by going to Dave and Buster's
without Jordyn! Our first date alone since we moved to Colorado over a year ago. We weren't going to go out because Chad was having a crazy busy week at work. But I just felt like it was time to be a big girl and get a baby sitter. It is not that I don't want to leave Jordyn (trust me, there are some days that is exactly what I want) and it is not that I don't trust anyone with my daughter. It has just been that I don't know the youth here very well, and I don't want to burden any of our friends. But my visiting teachers came to the rescue and offered to watch her for us. So, Happy Birthday Chad, you got a meal in peace and quiet and rock the arcades. But for the record, I won ski ball. Let it be known.
Later in the week, we took Jordyn to the aquarium in Denver. It was such a cute aquarium! It was like the Disneyland of aquariums. Everything was decked out, decorated, and the atmosphere was so fun. A few years ago, the aquarium was bought by Landry's Restaurant chain, so they have a fancy sea food restaurant inside the aquarium. You get to eat fish, while surrounded by fish. A little ironic, but fun still. Jordyn was so excited about the fish! She just ran from tank to tank and pressed her little nose to the glass. She would point to all the fish in the tank and count "One, two, three, ten nine!" It was fun to see her so exited about it!
 |
She called the jellyfish "bubbles".
|
On Sunday, her actual birthday, I made her wear her new birthday dress to church. She was ticked cause she wanted to wear pants. And thus, these pics are not the best. Yay for 2!
Sunday evening, we opened gifts, ate cake, and skyped with grandparents. She was spoiled by her grandparents. We got clothes and a trampoline for our little jumping Jordaroo. She was equally excited about both. but mostly excited about balloons.
2 comments:
I love her dress, so cute! Happy Birthday to Jordyn!! (and to Chad as well, although I bet Jordyn's birthday was more fun! ;)
Ok Jordyn is to cute! She is such a little jumper. I love the tramp!
Post a Comment