Wednesday, January 2, 2013

November Catch-Up!

November was so so busy.  I honestly don't remember half of it.  There were several things that made for a crazy month; callings, Junebug Jane, toddlers, and work.  I was called to be the YW president in our ward in October.  By November, I hit the ground running with Young Women in Excellence, filling a presidency and advisors, preparing for a new calendar year, getting to know 37 young women in a ward where we still feel new, not to mention the balancing act with Chad as the ward mission leader.  I never thought I would have to get a baby sitter on Sunday mornings so we can both be at ward council.  It is a little crazy, but the blessings are flowing!

As for Junebug Jane...phew!  I am glad the Christmas season is over!  I am so grateful for the business.  I never in a million years thought my shop would be so busy and productive.  Next year, I will definately be more prepared for it though.  I was scrambling to find materials, time, resources, and patience to get it all done and shipped by Christmas.  In the first part of November I sold a lot of advent calendars.  By the end of the month I spent every spare minute making busy books.  I found new ways to speed up the process and get the most out of my materials.  Buy the first few days in December, I had to turn a way a lot of customers.  I felt bad turning away business, but I simply ran out of time.  Next year, I will definately be more ready!

Toddlers.  Oh my, toddlers.  And I think Jordyn is a relatively good toddler.  It is just a whole new ballgame.  I feel so bad that she has spent so much time entertaining herself this month.  I was just too busy to give my entire day to her.  Her latest quirk is lining things up.  Every room I walk into has her little OCD line up of objects.  It can be blocks, bibs, blankets, clothes, diapers, books,... anything.  It makes me smile every time!  Her naps are no more, she just has quiet time in her room.  Every day when I let her out at 3, her first words are always "Oh no mommy, a mess!"  I look around her room and see the clothes in one line, stuffed animals in another, diapers in another.  Silly girl.

In November, the month of gratitude, I am so grateful for Chad's job.  When he graduated and applied to about 100 jobs, I never thought we would be so lucky to have hime work for a great company and for him to be able to provide so well for our family.  He has more than a full load of hours right now.  I am lucky he is home a few days a week.  He definately stays busy during the day.

That has been our November.  Crazy busy, but we are so blessed to have our hands full with the things we do.  I know it sounds like this whole post was a giant complaint, but I really am grateful to have busy hands.  I have been on both ends of the spectrum.... complete bordom and crazy busy.... since we moved to Colorado.  I would chose crazy busy over bordom any day. 

No comments: