Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cancun!

Our trip to Cancun was kind of a last minute, random getaway.  Not that I need to explain myself, but I will.  You wanna know how many dates without Jordyn we have been on since we moved to Colorado 16 months ago.  One.  Uno.  We decided to hurry and take a trip at Christmas time because that way we could just drop Jordyn off in Utah while we were there for Christmas and fly out from SLC.  It all just came together!

We stayed in an all inclusive resort in Riviera Maya.  I had never done an all inclusive, and we acutally really liked it.  It was so chill and relaxing.  We felt like there was more to do there than on a cruise ship so we really just enjoyed the days we spent at the resort.  Our room was big with a jetted tub and giant shower.  It was a room you wanted to relax in. The bed was like a dream, so much in fact that one of the days we slept til about 10:30.  Ahh!  All in all, we felt like a resort vacation was much more calm and relaxing, which is exactly what we were looking for!
View from our room.

The pools were awesome. We spent a LOT of time at the pool!



We did a few excursions.  We went to some ruins at Coba.  They are the only ruins you could still climb on.  (That changed in January, you can no longer climb on them.)  We also enjoyed Coba cause it was only a half day excursion.  Also, we were there the same time the Mayan calendar was ending and there were alot of crazies running around the more popular ruins like Chichen Itza and Tulum.  They also have the tallest ruins in the area.  All in all, we were really glad we went to Coba.
On top of the tallest ruin.  I promise I was not really as miserable as I look in this picture!


Creepy tombs.

Tall ruin.  The steps were in incredibly narrow and steep.  Going up was ok, but coming down was kinda scary.  I had to pretty much slide down on my rear.



 
We also went to a water park called Xel-ha.  There was lots of stuff to do there, like swim with dolphins, scuba dive, swim with manta rays...but all that stuff costs extra.  We stuck with the free things like zip line, tubing, snorkling, and of course... food!  The afternoon got cloudy and kinda chilly so we did a lot walking and animal seeing.  It was an increadibly beautiful lagoon. We did not get many pictures because carrying a camera around was hard when we were in and out of the water so much. I wish the few pictures I did get did it justice!

 

 
It was such a great trip.  We love Jordyn, but it was so great to spend some time with just Chad and I.  I just loved it and hope that we can do things like this throughout our married life. 


 

No comments: