Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Thoughts on Pinterest

I have been pinning for about 9 months now.  I understand the addiction.  It was not so bad until I got a smart phone.  That pinterest app is killer.  It has been a very educational 9 months and I have learned a lot about myself, and frankly, a lot about you.

  • I have a board titled "Laughs and Inspiration".  I have 65 pins on that board, only 5 are inspirational.  Lesson learned...I am way more funny than I am inspired.
  • I hate when I pin a recipe, try it that week, and it is gross.  Not cause I screwed up, but because it is just flat out nasty.  In the following weeks, I see a gazillion people pin this nasty recipe and I just want to scream "Don't do it!"  Here is my warning to you... the crock pot orange chicken recipe is horrible.  I literally threw up just from smelling it.
  • You are planning to remodel your kitchen.  I can tell.  Hopefully it was not a secret that you want white cabinets cause now every following pinner knows.
  • The clothes thing drives me nuts.  When people pin a cute outfit, I can agree.  That chevron maxi skirt with the denim jacket is adorable.  What aggravates me is that I am no closer to getting that outfit or looking that fashionable.  I have no idea where to find these clothes.  Plus, anything looks cute on a size 2 with perfect hair.
  • There are some things I just don't care about.  I don't want to unfollow these friends, but can I just unfollow one of their boards?  For instance, I hate when I am browsing and I have to go through a hundred pins on how to apply smokey eye shadow.  I just don't care.
  • Sometimes when I can't sleep, I just look through the specific humor section and laugh and laugh.
  • I know exactly which of my friends are working with LDS Young Women.  I know cause I repin everything you pin. 
  • I laugh when I see comments like, "This is the perfect house floor plan".  Of course it is perfect.  It is 8,000 square feet, and a quarter of it is a master walk in closet.  Maybe I am just too practical but I never pin those.  I know how much money we make.  I just don't dream big enough I guess.
  • It makes me miss being a teacher.  I would love to repin all the teacher ideas I see, but I somehow feel like I am jinxing myself.  Like, by the time I am back in the classroom pinterest will be dead.  And until then, those clever teacher pins will just haunt me.
  • My most beneficial and most used pins are the exercise ones. 
  • I always wish I could come up with clever names for my boards, like "good eats" or "oh the places you'll go".  I see people with clever board names and think.. "dang, why didn't I think of that". My boards are titled "recipes" and "travel". 
  • Because of pinterest, I think I should get a second shot at a wedding.  It would be so much cuter this time around!

There is much more.  Pinterest is never ending and so are my opinions!  But you get the sarcastic point, right?!  I love/hate pinterest. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I am also addicted to pinterest, and I do pin all the house plans (my husband has no job, so I get to really fantasize about our future income) and yet I don't pin a single exercise (something that could actually be done right now and could become a reality). Maybe I should be more realistic in my pinning? Nah. :)

I'm going to start following you! (And yes, you can unfollow their board - just click on the name of their board and at the top click unfollow)

sara said...

HaHa! Such a funny post. Also I am going to copy the exact trip you went on. Exactly. Well omit, the crazies thinking the world was ending.