Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Nonstop!

All my posts lately have been about Jordyn, but really, what else do I have to talk about?!

Jordyn talks all. the. time.  It really never stops.  She is just jabbering or singing to herself at almost all points in the day.  When she was younger I was so eager for her to talk and my oldest brother kept telling us not to push it because it would soon drive us crazy.  He was right.  I do love to sit by her door during her nap time and listen to her talk to all her toys.  I try to be patient about the chatter, cause sometimes it does push me over the edge on an already bad day.  I feel like it is worst in the car.  She has a comment about everything she sees while we are driving.  And she wants everything she says to be validated.  Here is an example from the car the other day.

JJ: Look mommy, the sun!
Me:  Yep.
JJ:  The sun is big.
Me: Yep.
JJ:  The sun is hiding in clouds.
Me: (quiet)
JJ:  Mom, the sun is hiding in the clouds.
Me: (quiet).
JJ:  Mom........Mom........ Mommy........ MANDI!
Me:  What?
JJ:  The sun is hiding in the clouds.
Me:  Yep.

The other day, we got a sitter and Chad took me to lunch for my birthday.  We were driving down the road, and the car was silent!  Amazing!  I can handle the constant singing more than the random, needy chatter.  I think her singing is about the sweetest thing on this earth!  I had to get it recorded so I can hold onto the sweetness forever!  It is kind of a long video.  Because she was cooperating, I just kept going!  Also not sure why the video is so bright!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Man she's cute! But I totally get it about the chatter...:)

Casey and Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casey and Samantha said...

It's been forever since I've been on your blog. So good to catch up! Way to go on the potty training! Jordyn seems so grown up! The other day canyen said "jordyn's only two? She acts like she's four!" Miss you guys lots. Really want to come visit! Love ya!

MEREDITH said...

So cute! She is a darling little girl and getting so big... Excited to see your new little one!

Unknown said...

Jordyn and Stella are best friends...and they don't even know it! Stella needs everything validated as well, but I can't say 'yes,' I have to say the object, like 'sun.' And while Stella also sings in the car, mommy is NOT allowed to sing along...EVER. We should have a play date so these two girls can just entertain each other!! :)