Saturday, May 18, 2013

Prego Update


It has been a couple months since I wrote about my pregnancy, but I just wanted to add an update so I remember details in the future.  I am currently 32 weeks.  We have decided to go ahead and schedule a C-section.  To me, the risks of forcing a VBAC are just not worth it.  If I go into labor on my own before the C-section I will for sure try the VBAC, but I am not going to go through what I did last time with hours and hours on Pitocin and labor just to have a C-section anyway.  The fact that I barely dilated last time does not give me much hope for success.  I know people have successful VBACs all the time.  This just feels right for us.  The operation is scheduled for July 8th.  My actual due date is the 13th, so this is only a few days early. 

This girl moves sooo much.  She moves so big it hurts me.  I don't remember Jordyn moving like this.  The dr. keeps telling me to track the movements.  I just laugh cause she is literally kicking me all day long.  She is also sitting a lot lower than Jordyn did.  I am altogether shaped different.  Jordyn sat really high and stretched out all across my midsection.  This one is just a little ball making my belly poke straight out.  I forget how in the way the big belly gets.  The hardest thing is sewing.  Bending over to cut and sew for hours on end used to not be a big deal.  But with the belly, things get uncomfortable quickly!  I am not sure I can keep it up for 7 more weeks, but we will see if I wuss out or not. 

There are pregnancy woes that are much more evident this time around, and some that are not.  For instance, I had leg cramps all the time with Jordyn.  I have not had a single one this time around.  I experienced a lot more insomnia with Jordyn.  This time it has been all about the heartburn.  I guess you take the good and you take the bad, and in the end you get a beautiful baby!

We are struggling with names.  Before we were even married, Chad and I had talked about that we liked the name Jordyn and we wanted to give our first girl my middle name, Jane.  And that was it; it was decided.   We have thrown a lot of names around this time but have not settled on anything.  Nothing seems to be perfect.  We have middle names narrowed down to 2.  First names, we have about 6 on the list.  I guess we will just see.

A friend in my ward had a baby girl last summer and she sold me all of her clothes.  Jordyn was born the last day of September and all her newborn/ 0-3 month clothes are warm winter jumpsuits and sweaters.  I can't do that to a baby in July!  I was very grateful for all the clothes and it has made me more and more excited to see them laying out in the spare bedroom!  My friends here are also throwing me a shower in a couple weeks.  They are so good to me!

No comments: