Life with a newborn is nuts. What is even more nuts is the stuff I try to do with a newborn. Take for instance... a train ride to 14,000 feet. Yes, I took my 10 day old baby on a train to the top of Pikes Peak. I called the doctor beforehand and made sure that that kind of elevation was safe for the baby. She gave me the ok, and we hopped on the train with Grandma and Grandpa Barton. An EMT at the top of the mountain asked me how old Adalynn was and looked dumbfounded when I said 10 days. We had a lot of fun though. After 3 days in the hospital, and day after day resting at home trying to recover from C-section and infection, I needed to get out of the house. And Pikes Peak is always a beautiful outing!
.JPG) |
| Jordyn was sooooo excited to ride the train. I really don't know if I have ever seen her so excited about anything! |
 |
| It is flippin' windy up there. |
Then there was the Founder's Picnic. Our HOA hosted a little picnic. This was not as much of a stretch as taking a newborn up to 14,000 feet. Jordyn absolutely loved the bounce houses and obstacle courses. I wish I had kept count of how many she face planted. She even got a balloon animal. Gotta love good free fun!
 |
| Probably dressing her in a skirt was not the smartest thing. |
No comments:
Post a Comment