This was a fun holiday season, full of fun new traditions for our family. Jordyn is now understanding about Santa, which makes the holidays even more exciting. We did the whole "Elf on the Shelf" thing. We named our elf Mary- I know, we are not the most clever bunch. Our elf is lame! So many mornings she would be in the same spot she was the night before. I just told Jordyn that Mary must really like that spot because she keeps coming back to it after she visits Santa during the night. Jordyn still loved it and it was the first thing she said every morning, "Let's find Mary!"
We also started a Christmas story tradition. I feel bad that our tree does not really have presents under it, because we take all our stuff with us to Grandma's house. So I wrap all my Christmas books and put those under the tree. Jordyn gets to open one every night and we read it together before bed. I did a version of this when I was teaching so I have a lot of books. It is a simple, easy, fun little family moment! I love it!
We saw Santa this year at our ward party. Last year, we stood in line for at least 45 minutes to sit on his lap. This year Chad was just sitting in the hall of the church building and people started lining up behind him. Accidentally, we were the first in line! A Christmas miracle! Jordyn asked Santa for presents. When asked what kind of presents, she specified that she wanted white presents. I think she meant the wrapping paper should be white?! Who knows what goes on in a 3 yr old brain!
On a more spiritual note, Jordyn also started to understand about baby Jesus this year. I have a little magnetic nativity she liked to play with. She also loved watching "The King is Born" or as she calls it, the baby Jesus show. We watched it A LOT in the month of December. I just love Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment