For Christmas, my parents took us all to Brian Head for a weekend of skiing. It was so fun! Best Christmas present ever! We left the day after Christmas, and honestly, I think my testimony grew three-fold that day. Chad and I decided we would take our car so we could head straight to Salt Lake after the weekend without having to make a stop in Gunnison. I will take the hit, it was my idea. Well, what we weren't counting on was the snow storm. We were fine most of the way until we were actually heading up the mountain. We passed the place to pull over and put on chains, thinking we would be fine as long as we didn't lose momentum. But, we went a big farther and came to a whole line of cars putting on chains in the middle of the road, so we had to stop. We didn't think we could get going again, so my dad and Chad tried to put the chains on, but couldn't make it work. We decided (after a cop told us he would ticket us) that we would just try to make it. It was a tender mercy that a snow plow passed us and we were able to get right behind him and follow him the rest of the way up the mountain. Just as we got to the resort, they closed to road. We got as far as the little town hall, and had to leave our car there, cause we just couldn't make it up the unplowed roads. It was scary, but I am so grateful we made it there safe.
The rest of the weekend was as beautiful as can be. Fresh powder. Sun shinning. Just beautiful. We went sledding, played lots of games, ate lots of food, and just enjoyed relaxing together. I was about to ski with Chad, and then remembered that, if I were to put it on a scale, Chad's athletic ability would be 10 and mine would be 2, and that I would just be cold and left behind all day. So I stayed home and warm with the kids, and Chad enjoyed his day on the slopes!
 |
| Can you see how Addy felt about the snow? |
 |
| Jordyn LOVED the snow. She loved the sledding. She loved the swing. She love just walkin' around and being outside! |
No comments:
Post a Comment